What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Football Game Day Experience Survey

Ruckus

Cocaine, caviar, & abortion.
Club Member
Got an email a couple hours ago to fill out this survey. Thankfully it allows you to type in whatever you want in some fields. At the end it also asks if you’re willing to talk to someone in the AD about your responses and those will be shared with them if you say yes. Hope they get the message, I did not hold back.

Just filled out the fan survey sent to me by cubuffs for season ticket holders and I only answered that the product on the field was really all that mattered. I can live with the urinals as they are. And in the comments I ripped RG for hiring KD when there was nothing about his past that suggested success, plus the ridiculous contract he gave him. When asked if I was going to renew, I stated, I'll let you know after the OC hire. I need something bold and if KD were to hire the dude with the GoGo offense (and allow him to run it) then while it would be risky, it would at least be bold and frankly, I'd tune in to see what happens. But Rick,

1. don't overpay
2. trust him to be your QB coach because you can't afford 2 of them.
3. force KD to coach "outside WRs" which he can do in his sleep with a G.A.
4. Pay big time for an OL coach and in recruiting.
Cross-quoting this from another thread. Hope everyone fills it out.

Filled mine out. Skeptical that anything substantive will come from it. Was still a little fun to vent.

I saw emails from the AD and swiped ‘em straight to trash.

Edit: Retrieved it and filled it out.

Last edited:
My youngest will be moving back to the area next year. So I asked him if he’d want to go to games if I renewed. He’s a big sports fan, graduated from CU, and has always been a Buff fan. His response was:

Id cancel. **** that team and program.

and

I’m done watching that trash honestly. I’d rather watch paint dry on my wall.

If this is the attitude of CU’s next generation of potential season ticket holders they are in big trouble.

My youngest will be moving back to the area next year. So I asked him if he’d want to go to games if I renewed. He’s a big sports fan, graduated from CU, and has always been a Buff fan. His response was:

and

If this is the attitude of CU’s next generation of potential season ticket holders they are in big trouble.
My sons are now in their early 20’s and both went to CU. Neither have ever shown interest in CU sports. This despite the younger one having lived in a house with a CU football player and got along well with him. Just never cared at all about the teams.

the quality of play sucks, no question.

but nearly every other aspect of the CU game day experience is outstanding, IMO. Reasonable ticket prices (for P5), accessible/affordable parking, beer at seats, Boulder weather, the best scenery in CFB, Ralphie, the band, the spirit squads, Ralphie's Corral, "fûck 'em up...", etc..

the quality of play is the most outstanding feature of the game day experience for most of us, but any feedback will likely be received better if phrased in terms of "every aspect of the game day at Folsom is a fantastic experience, but the quality of play is so poor that I no longer enjoy spending Saturday's at CU games" My experience is that feedback which is 100% negative or 100% positive isn't given the attention that balanced feedback does.

but nearly every other aspect of the CU game day experience is outstanding, IMO. Reasonable ticket prices (for P5), accessible/affordable parking, beer at seats, Boulder weather, the best scenery in CFB, Ralphie, the band, the spirit squads, Ralphie's Corral, "fûck 'em up...", etc..

the quality of play is the most outstanding feature of the game day experience for most of us, but any feedback will likely be received better if phrased in terms of "every aspect of the game day at Folsom is a fantastic experience, but the quality of play is so poor that I no longer enjoy spending Saturday's at CU games" My experience is that feedback which is 100% negative or 100% positive isn't given the attention that balanced feedback does.
This. My responses echoed this sentiment.

The only thing that’s kept me renewing my tix are the things mentioned above. In fact, I regularly get the the stadium early, well before kickoff, just to sit in the stands, enjoy the view and the weather, and drink a cold one.

This. My responses echoed this sentiment.

The only thing that’s kept me renewing my tix are the things mentioned above. In fact, I regularly get the the stadium early, well before kickoff, just to sit in the stands, enjoy the view and the weather, and drink a cold one.
Agree. I made it to Boulder for the SC game. As we know, the game was a cluster ****. But the rest of the experience was top notch. This includes getting beers in Balch and pissing in the troughs (perhaps I am overly nostalgic). Get the product on the field to an acceptable level and I would buy season tickets (even without living in Colorado).

Agree. I made it to Boulder for the SC game. As we know, the game was a cluster ****. But the rest of the experience was top notch. This includes getting beers in Balch and pissing in the troughs (perhaps I am overly nostalgic). Get the product on the field to an acceptable level and I would buy season tickets (even without living in Colorado).
I suppose there are those who would say you can enjoy Boulder’s scenery, weather, etc. and not spend $ on football tix. They’re not wrong but there’s something about Folsom on an autumn afternoon. Probably the wistfulness of bygone times of my youth when the team was good and times were simpler.

What’s sad, and it’s been mentioned here, the two decades of suck the program is experiencing is draining that away for many and it may never recover.

The facilities suck. The concessions suck. The aluminum bleachers suck.

and

My wife and I are both alums, neither kid wanted to go to CU. Neither kid cares about FB. My son and I do get in a few MBB games a year. The last 16 years of total incompetence have killed a lot of support.

My wife and I are both alums, neither kid wanted to go to CU. Neither kid cares about FB. My son and I do get in a few MBB games a year. The last 16 years of total incompetence have killed a lot of support.
All my high school friends who went to CU used to be rabid fans. I bet only half of them could name CU’s current coach.

The passionate life long fans that they developed in the 80’s and 90’s are slowly losing interest. Meanwhile, recent graduates are ambivalent at best towards a football program that has not shown a pulse in almost 20 years. What a great way to kill a program.

A buddy of mine has a rule for watching Buff games on TV. Whenever they get 14 points behind he switches to another game and doesn’t switch back. He used to be a rabid fan and is a CU grad, undergraduate and masters degree. Lost much of his interest.

The new generation sees Buff fans the way we see NY Jets fans. Stew on THAT for a minute.

The passionate life long fans that they developed in the 80’s and 90’s are slowly losing interest. Meanwhile, recent graduates are ambivalent at best towards a football program that has not shown a pulse in almost 20 years. What a great way to kill a program.
But the current students appear to be unbelievably supportive. I'm sure that won't last if the team does not win, but I think the buffs get the most support of any team in the pac 12 other than utah.

But the current students appear to be unbelievably supportive. I'm sure that won't last if the team does not win, but I think the buffs get the most support of any team in the pac 12 other than utah.
They were supportive this year because they didn’t have any football to watch last year. That, and it’s a big party. Once they graduate, they have other things to spend their money on and they don’t need the party. I don’t know what kind of support CU football gets from recent graduates. Feels like it probably isn’t that great, when you stop to consider they have over 5,000 people graduate every year.

Back