What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Just because. Well, ****. The link is a highlight of Miracle in Michigan.

I’ll never forget watching that play and game. We drove from Camp Lejeune, NC to Durham to watch it in a sports bar. The game was so out of hand in the second half, they flipped the main tv to another game and we were watching it on a 6” screen in our booth. When Westbrook caught the ball, I went completely bonkers and everyone in the bar was looking at me like I had two heads since no one else was watching the game to know what just happened.

I still cannot really believe how far that ball traveled in the air.

I mean line of scrimmage around your own 35 is not considered to even be within hail mary range for 99% of QBs.

But that ball traveled 75 yards downfield in the air...

Our guy Calvin here from the Oklahoma State podcast thinks that the last game of the year for them against us will be just meh
It will be in November up in Denver/Boulder, so it will be really cold (wahhhh)
And WE will be likely on a 7 game losing streak and THEY will be playing for a spot in the Big 12 Title Game and our players will probably just quit because they will have lost the last 7 games.
WTF, does he not know the drive of our current roster to dominate and succeed.
We are back to knock OKState and KState and any other old Big 12 Program back down to where they were.
Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, and Colorado owned the Big 8/12, so Uncle Ralphie has come back home to get the captains chair back
No doubt that the OG programs are a bit slanted at our return, and with the Prime Effect really pissing them off, it is gonna be great

The narrative shift i am predicting will be frustrating and fun at the same time.

I expect Utah, CU, and ua to be at or near the top of the b12 standings by the end of the year.

So this will lead to “look how weak the b12 was“ from the sec and big fans. Whomever makes it into the playoffs from the b12 is going to need to win some games.

Arizona state is kinda ****ed up but are they really worse than the bottom feeders in the b12? I do not think so.

let’s play some football.

Still don’t get the UA love. New coaching staff with half the team turned over. Feels to me like they’re middle of the conference at best this year.
Like CU, they have a top QB/WR combo, but they lost a lot, including entire coaching staff. The idea that they are just picking up where they left off with Fisch, or that Fifita is automatically the same player with Brennan that he was with Fisch is a stretch.

Like CU, they have a top QB/WR combo, but they lost a lot, including entire coaching staff. The idea that they are just picking up where they left off with Fisch, or that Fifita is automatically the same player with Brennan that he was with Fisch is a stretch.
This is the big question with them for sure— they have some elite talent at the skillz.

i think being in the b12 is going to help them. Like us.

Bowl tie-ins could get interesting here. Because the Pac 12's contracts don't go away for two more years.......they're talking about having Pac 12 teams play in the conference's affiliated bowls for two more years. Can't wait to play to Oklahoma State on Black Friday and then have to play them again in the Alamo Bowl.

Somehow, the Alamo Bowl can't have Texas and Oklahoma, but the Pac 12 bowls are entitled to take former Pac 12 teams for two more years.

I blame George Kliavkoff for this.

Bowl tie-ins could get interesting here. Because the Pac 12's contracts don't go away for two more years.......they're talking about having Pac 12 teams play in the conference's affiliated bowls for two more years. Can't wait to play to Oklahoma State on Black Friday and then have to play them again in the Alamo Bowl.

Somehow, the Alamo Bowl can't have Texas and Oklahoma, but the Pac 12 bowls are entitled to take former Pac 12 teams for two more years.

I blame George Kliavkoff for this.
Meh. More bowl opps for Big 12 teams.

And unless it was a 2OT victory that kept one team out of the Big 12 Championship when the other wasn’t eligible, there is no storyline that makes a CU vs OSU bowl matchup interesting.

The narrative shift i am predicting will be frustrating and fun at the same time.

I expect Utah, CU, and ua to be at or near the top of the b12 standings by the end of the year.

So this will lead to “look how weak the b12 was“ from the sec and big fans. Whomever makes it into the playoffs from the b12 is going to need to win some games.

Arizona state is kinda ****ed up but are they really worse than the bottom feeders in the b12? I do not think so.

let’s play some football.
ASU's OOC isn't a cakewalk-Fork U goes to Texas State (GJ Kinne hammered a bad P5 team who played Texas State in San Marcos last year), Wyoming isn't a pushover, and Mississippi State is better than they are. They don't have a QB-Rashada left for UGA. That Bourget kid is still there, and they have Jeff Sims and one other vet. They play Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and Arizona all on the road. They go to fellow bottom feeder Cincinnati and they miss both Baylor and Houston. Are they more talented than those three? Probably. That schedule isn't fun, though.

I think you can say Utah and K-State are probably the favorites in the conference. Basically everybody but Baylor, ASU, Cincinnati, Houston, and BYU can probably contend.

Last edited:
RIP

The Rose is a nice touch

say goodbye GIF

I'd say under the media rights financial model of the time, adding the NYC and WMA markets was a great move for the B1G. Nebraska is looking like a mistake.
I agree mostly but I'm not sure Rutgers gives you NYC....jus sayin. Not sure there is a school/team in CFB that would.

Bugeaters to b10 seems like a bad fit on both ends

In the eyes of the cable companies it did. That's all that mattered back then. B1G increased their distribution by >30% adding RU.

link? I don't doubt that the B10 did their homework but Rutgers is crap and your proof is "cable companies" about looking to the future.

cable? the B10 didn't add Rutgers in 1982.

link? I don't doubt that the B10 did their homework but Rutgers is crap and your proof is "cable companies" about looking to the future.

cable? the B10 didn't add Rutgers in 1982.
Other than the handful of B1G programs that deliver an out-of-market ratings bump, Rutgers is the most valuable member to the conference.

I still cannot really believe how far that ball traveled in the air.

I mean line of scrimmage around your own 35 is not considered to even be within hail mary range for 99% of QBs.

But that ball traveled 75 yards downfield in the air...
Throwing that ball probably felt like hitting one off the sweet spot in baseball.

He knew he got all of that throw the second he released it.

Will always remember this play caused my huge Nub fan grandfather to throw his tape measure off the floor in anger.

I only know that story because my uncle told me about it, and described the pain of the tape measure bouncing off the floor into his back, lol.

I agree mostly but I'm not sure Rutgers gives you NYC....jus sayin. Not sure there is a school/team in CFB that would.

Bugeaters to b10 seems like a bad fit on both ends

The Rutgers addition changed the Cable TV contract classification for NYC from ‘Out of Footprint’ to ‘In Footprint’ for the fee schedule for Big Ten Network. The fee each New Yorker paid their cable company, as if they had a choice, to see BTN went from 10¢ to something like $1. It was a giant payday for Fox and the B1G. It increased revenue just from NYC by $48 million dollars (2014) from one cable provider. That doesnt include other providers or New Jersey.

Adding Maryland had the same effect for Baltimore and Washington DC.

So yes, it was well worth it to add Rutgers and Maryland. The NU addition, built on the back of Dr Tom and NUs history, is more disappointing. Dissapointing because NU has not been able to return to glory and that means poor ratings.

Last edited:
The Rutgers addition changed the Cable TV contract classification for NYC from ‘Out of Footprint’ to ‘In Footprint’ for the fee schedule for Big Ten Network. The fee each New Yorker paid their cable company, as if they had a choice, to see BTN went from 10¢ to something like $1. It was a giant payday for Fox and the B1G. It increased revenue just from NYC by $48 million dollars (2014). That doesnt include New Jersey.

Adding Maryland had the same effect for Baltimore and Washington DC.

So yes, it was well worth it to add Rutgers and Maryland. The NU addition, built on the back of Dr Tom and NUs history, is more disappointing. Dissapointing because NU has not been able to return to glory and that means poor ratings.
Not disappointing at all.

Next Sunday, it will not only be my birthday (35 plus ten) but also the last day to declare a new conference home without paying bigger exit fees for the 2025-26 season.

After that, all eyes will turn to the ACC as ESPN will determine the fate of that conference. ESPN has until February 2025 to decide to stay with the ACC until 2036 or blow it all up two years later in 2027.

Back