What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I actually expect us and BYU to over perform here.
Agree.

I also like ISU to have a good season.

Campbell has a solid nucleus at QB, RB, WR--same formula as w/ Purdy, Breece Hall, X. Hutchinson, Kolar at TE...etc.

However, Clone seasons are determined by how they do in 1 score games.....a little dodgy for wagering purposes. And they always lose to Iowa, seems.

I assume that any deal for those programs to come to the Big 12 would likely mean unequal rev share in order to get them close to P2 money.

Only other scenario would be if the ACC GOR gets voided and ESPNs money just shifts from the ACC to the new Big 12 that adds the top 6 programs from the ACC, increasing the payouts for the Big 12 schools.

ESPN would then have the rights to about 2/3 of the top CFB inventory that’s consolidated into a true P3

If it becomes open season on the ACC, the Big 12 should expand by 8 teams to 24.
yes, if the acc goes down and the b12 (bless our hearts) lands clemson and fsu, then there a few others to grab too.

stanford and cal back to the pac with wsu and osu... some others are up for negotiations...

good lord, the next round of re-alignment if this happens, it will be ****ing brutal.

If we could pick any 8 (assumes the B1G & SEC don't make a move), my picks would be:

Miami
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Clemson
North Carolina
NC State
VA Tech
Pitt

Alternately: "Notre Dame - is there a selection of schools and scheduling format which would get you to join?"
What could possibly go wrong?

If we could pick any 8 (assumes the B1G & SEC don't make a move), my picks would be:

Miami
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Clemson
North Carolina
NC State
VA Tech
Pitt

Alternately: "Notre Dame - is there a selection of schools and scheduling format which would get you to join?"
Georgia Tech ?
I'd switch them for Louisville.

Miami
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Clemson
North Carolina
NC State
VA Tech
Pitt

Brett Yormark could name his price as commissioner if he pulled that off.

I assume that any deal for those programs to come to the Big 12 would likely mean unequal rev share in order to get them close to P2 money.

Only other scenario would be if the ACC GOR gets voided and ESPNs money just shifts from the ACC to the new Big 12 that adds the top 6 programs from the ACC, increasing the payouts for the Big 12 schools.

ESPN would then have the rights to about 2/3 of the top CFB inventory that’s consolidated into a true P3
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think ESPN more or less owns the ACC, whereas they split the Big XII with Fox. So I would think ESPN would rather keep the ACC to itself, unless it's tired of paying Wake Forest, Boston College, Georgia Tech, etc. in order to have Clemson and FSU games.

For the record, count me in as "FSU and Clemson will never join the Big XII" and then I will happily humble myself in repentance if I am wrong.

Picking up steam.

Does the SEC try and take UNC and UVA?
It’s not like they need another Florida or SC school.

Does that create the chasm for The other top 6 to go Big12?

Back