What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Free Throw Percentage Tracker

clutch299

As of March 12th (before Pac12 Semifinal game vs. USC), the Buffs have attempted 457 FTs on the season and made 381 of these attempts, good for an 83.37% clip.

This thread means absolutely nothing and in no way should be insinuated as an attempt for us to track whether or not the Buffs will eclipse any season-long records like the 1984 Harvard basketball team's season FT% of 82.18%. However, if you're interested in some general discussion on math and percentages, I will try and update the thread with every passing game.

Also immaterial to this discussion is the fact that the Buffs could miss 6 straight FTs before their season-long percentage would drop below the completely arbitrary percentage of 82.18%.

Or another way of thinking about this is that for approximately every 5 FTs the Buffs make, they can afford to miss 1 additional FT and keep their percentage above 82.18%.

Also worth ignoring is Oral Roberts University's season-long FT% is currently 82.35%. The Golden Eagles won the Summit League tournament and will play at least 1 more game in the NCAA Tournament.

Hopefully they keep this record FT shooting going these next 7 games.
Clever GIF by memecandy

Apparently the ESPN stats page had not included the CU/Cal quarterfinal game in their FT totals, so our totals are actually 419/510, 82.16%.

We trail the all time record and Oral Roberts' 2020-21 totals now. Oral Roberts is at 82.35%.

Oral Roberts goes 19 for 23 today and will play yet another game. The Golden Eagles are now 397/483 on the year, good for 82.1946%

So we have a basketball b_walk now.

When will people stop starting threads, it's science, not superstition, at this point.
@clutch299 has anyone explained to you what a b_walk and its origin story?

I didn't touch this thread until now.

It's over.

We finish at 81.869%

Atrocious FT shooting cost us the Pac 12 title game, and played a small but completely trivial role in our blow out loss in Round 2.

I don't blame you, but I don't not blame you.

It's over.

We finish at 81.869%

Atrocious FT shooting cost us the Pac 12 title game, and played a small but completely trivial role in our blow out loss in Round 2.

We set the PAC 12 record correct, by quite a lot?
Wanted that overall record though pretty bad

It's over.

We finish at 81.869%

I don't know the origin story but I've gathered that Allbuffs is a place only for posting the opposite of what we mean.

You guys are too superstitious for me.

Also, before I get lifetime banned, I wanted to add that had Luke O'Brien made those two free throws at the end of the game, we'd be sitting pretty with Oral Roberts still having at least one game left to play.

I don't know the origin story but I've gathered that Allbuffs is a place only for posting the opposite of what we mean.

Also, before I get lifetime banned, I wanted to add that had Luke O'Brien made those two free throws at the end of the game, we'd be sitting pretty with Oral Roberts still having at least one game left to play.
He's gonna get some grief for that.

I'm glad you responded, I was really intending it as a good natured jest, hopefully it came across.

If you want to get the B_walk story, it's in this thread

unlucky tv show GIF

Back