What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ft Hays State game

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
2nd half defense completely shameful. Let a guy score 29 pts.

Gave up like 9 or 10 offensive rebounds in a half.

Positives: Brown played his best game and Fortune started to find his shot. Oh, and we won.

and 7 total students at game...plus my beer garden was closed!
I'm failing to see the upside of having this game on the schedule. I guess it's why conference play is sometimes called the regular season to imply that these games are part of the preseason.

other than White, we don't have real 'take charge' guy. Could be a long season. I hope Dom comes back strong.

Their big scorer is averaging 30 per game and I looked at their schedule to see who he was scoring against. No one special, but this caught my eye:

SAT DECEMBER 17, 2016
1:00 P.M. CT/12:00 P.M. MT

UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO (EXHIBITION)

That's the only 'exhibition' on their schedule. Does that mean it doesn't count on their record??

Their big scorer is averaging 30 per game and I looked at their schedule to see who he was scoring against. No one special, but this caught my eye:

SAT DECEMBER 17, 2016
1:00 P.M. CT/12:00 P.M. MT

UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO (EXHIBITION)

That's the only 'exhibition' on their schedule. Does that mean it doesn't count on their record??
D1 games don't count against the record of DII schools

My take so far on this team is that it's shown itself to be capable of (but not in the habit of) competing with quality opponents on some nights, having really horrible shooting nights, and having periods of poor defense and rebounding against inferior competition.

At this point anything between 7 and 13 Pac 12 wins would not surprise me; 10-8 seems like the best bet.

Lucky for us, it seems a vast majority of the PAC 12 is hot garbage. Hopefully, we'll have an inflated number of wins given the quality of our team.

He was 0-4 from field and committed three fouls.
And this is one of my biggest complaints about Tad and CU coaching. If a guy is in foul trouble, why not go right at him when he's on the court? Should have had White, Fortune, etc drive or post up on Davis in order to get that 4th foul in the 2nd half.
Tad should have learned from Chris Mack's coaching. In the Xavier game, once Wes picked up his 3rd foul, Mack went right to O'Mara posting up Wes and got that 4th foul. Exploit the weakness- either you're going to draw a key foul or the defender will back off in order to avoid the foul.

And this is one of my biggest complaints about Tad and CU coaching. If a guy is in foul trouble, why not go right at him when he's on the court? Should have had White, Fortune, etc drive or post up on Davis in order to get that 4th foul in the 2nd half.
Tad should have learned from Chris Mack's coaching. In the Xavier game, once Wes picked up his 3rd foul, Mack went right to O'Mara posting up Wes and got that 4th foul. Exploit the weakness- either you're going to draw a key foul or the defender will back off in order to avoid the foul.

Shouldn't the college players be able to figure this out on their own?

Back