What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Day Operations

MKBuffs

Club Member
Club Member
CU has the worst in stadium operations in all of sports. Getting to your seats is impossible, and some how getting food and drink in less than 45 minutes is even worse. End of rant, Sko Buffs.

My singular curiosity to this complaint is, “How would Bostonians react to impatience and egocentrism like this?”

I fully anticipate finding out during my trip in a week and a half, as I predict someone will become petty somewhere and I will be able to watch it. I’ll likely laugh my ass off watching Bostonians making their point back. It will send me to Salem with a cackle.

There are literally thousands around you. If you want catering, assistance, ease - pay up. That first class life exists and it comes at a price.

If you do not handle crowds well, and I completely empathize, stay home more often.

My singular curiosity to this complaint is, “How would Bostonians react to impatience and egocentrism like this?”

I fully anticipate finding out during my trip in a week and a half, as I predict someone will become petty somewhere and I will be able to watch it. I’ll likely laugh my ass off watching Bostonians making their point back. It will send me to Salem with a cackle.

There are literally thousands around you. If you want catering, assistance, ease - pay up. That first class life exists and it comes at a price.

If you do not handle crowds well, and I completely empathize, stay home more often.
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

We sit in 212, and lately they’ve been closing gates 3-6 to be exit only traffic for the first quarter or so of the game. It creates a massive, massive backup as everyone has to go down to gate 7 or over to the field house to get to end zone seats. Then, once you’re in the bowl, you can’t move because everyone is trying to navigate their way across multiple sections.

Out at the concessions on the east side, they were ID’ing every single person entering in the grab and go lines. It was horribly inefficient. Obviously with large crowds for the first time in forever they’re trying, but my god was it inefficient, bordering on no actual thought put into it. That’s what I was referencing in my heat of the moment post.

I've been to 20+ D1 Stadiums and feel my sample size is reasonable to engage this discussion.
...Getting to your seats is impossible, ...
WTAF does this even mean? I'm positive I've sat at every game I've attended at Folsom, and for the last two years, I've consistently sat in my assigned seats. I've noted no more difficulty getting to my seats there than any other 50k+ stadium.

...some how getting food and drink in less than 45 minutes is even worse....
Hawkers visited my section -- the cheapest in the stadium -- at least four times during the game Saturday. There's mobile beer vendors every 15' in the concourses, concession tents all over the SEZ, booths all over the east side and Balch is a collection of concessions. It's amazingly easy to spend more money after entering Folsom.

I think it's you, man.

I’m going to end up getting in a fight one of these days with students pushing thru completely packed concourses. I have no filter anymore and call this bs out immediately. Male, female, big, small - it doesn’t matter, it triggers me.

I’m going to end up getting in a fight one of these days with students pushing thru completely packed concourses. I have no filter anymore and call this bs out immediately. Male, female, big, small - it doesn’t matter, it triggers me.
There's a balance to be found between "keep it moving" and "don't push, don't be a dick".

Back