What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread- #23 (NET rankings) Men's bball opens Pac 12 Tourney vs. #119 (NET) WSU (Vegas, Wed, 3/11, 9:30 PM MT, Pac 12 Networks)

So any history of teams losing 5 straight and making the tourney? Are we still in if the tourney is still a go?

So any history of teams losing 5 straight and making the tourney? Are we still in if the tourney is still a go?
Not sure. I would have to say if I was on the selection committee I would have to question if the Buffs are playing at a tournament level. I certainly think they have played themselves onto the bubble.

So NCAA basketball is basically the only sport not post-poned. I bet by noon today we’ll know something

I can't imagine the tourney still happens at this point. As soon as a coach or player of a tourney team gets sick, the whole thing will be cancelled.

Two or three weeks ago, i would have been upset about that. Now, it will feel more like mercy for the Buffs. How did this marshmallow soft team beat ****ing Dayton? They've only lost twice all year.

Yeah there is no chance March Madness takes place. Even Izzo saying it would be best to cancel. I guess the fact that CU was incredibly disappointing is a silver lining. I would be going crazy if they were 26-4. :LOL:

My takeaway is PLAYER DEVELOPMENT!
These are talented and experienced players that have grown up together. Sometimes it still looks awkward when they pass around the perimeter? They do not flash out far enough, they do not snap the passes, they as mentioned cannot beat anyone off the dribble, and honestly many of the bigs are not tough enough around the rum to just go up and pound the rock home. Every players dribbling is suspect against pressure, and somehow the shooting has gotten worse.

Additionally, the whole DEFENSE is freaking everything is bull****! Yes, you need to be good at Defense, but you play defense differently in different situations, such as from ahead or behind, and the fact that we stay in Man to Man the WHOLE GODDAMN TIME, it becomes easier to adapt to screens and other motion, as well as being very tiring and thus making our shooting legs go to hell. Throw in a Zone here and there, mix up the type of Zones, Shut down the other teams hot player with creativity.

I am not a Basketball Coaching expert, and Tad is far more knowledgable than me, but he seems so limited on his coaching toolbox, beyond be a good guy, play man to man defense, and let's see what happens.

Frustrated!!!

My takeaway is PLAYER DEVELOPMENT!
These are talented and experienced players that have grown up together. Sometimes it still looks awkward when they pass around the perimeter? They do not flash out far enough, they do not snap the passes, they as mentioned cannot beat anyone off the dribble, and honestly many of the bigs are not tough enough around the rum to just go up and pound the rock home. Every players dribbling is suspect against pressure, and somehow the shooting has gotten worse.

Additionally, the whole DEFENSE is freaking everything is bull****! Yes, you need to be good at Defense, but you play defense differently in different situations, such as from ahead or behind, and the fact that we stay in Man to Man the WHOLE GODDAMN TIME, it becomes easier to adapt to screens and other motion, as well as being very tiring and thus making our shooting legs go to hell. Throw in a Zone here and there, mix up the type of Zones, Shut down the other teams hot player with creativity.

I am not a Basketball Coaching expert, and Tad is far more knowledgable than me, but he seems so limited on his coaching toolbox, beyond be a good guy, play man to man defense, and let's see what happens.

Frustrated!!!

Defense absolutely can be everything. Easy example, look at UVA. Neither an exception or ‘the rule’ but a relentless focus on defense can and does work.

But Tad is limited offensively, we would really benefit from an up and coming offensive guru as an assistant.

Defense absolutely can be everything. Easy example, look at UVA. Neither an exception or ‘the rule’ but a relentless focus on defense can and does work.

But Tad is limited offensively, we would really benefit from an up and coming offensive guru as an assistant.
To the point that offense suffers, or you do not blow people out! The Nuggets and Buffs hold themselves back with the obsession on defense. Winning equals scoring more points then your opponent!

To the point that offense suffers, or you do not blow people out! The Nuggets and Buffs hold themselves back with the obsession on defense. Winning equals scoring more points then your opponent!

Hmm, yeah I guess. I was a 90’s kid and I HATED the Bulls, hated them. But, it’s hard for me to buy you can’t score and play defense. MJ was phenomenal at both, of course he’s one of a kind. But defense is all about effort, you either put in the effort or you don’t and the Nuggets defense sucks. They’re like 27th in the league since the all star break, they’re lazy.

Hmm, yeah I guess. I was a 90’s kid and I HATED the Bulls, hated them. But, it’s hard for me to buy you can’t score and play defense. MJ was phenomenal at both, of course he’s one of a kind. But defense is all about effort, you either put in the effort or you don’t and the Nuggets defense sucks. They’re like 27th in the league since the all star break, they’re lazy.

Problem with the Nuggets is that the BEST player is the worst defender and the least athletic person on the team! So, if everything is based on Defense and Malone demands and requires it, then he is a giant Hypocrite when he does not put Porter Jr on the floor, who could likely drop 25 a game any day. The Buffs do need to feed off defense in order to be competitive, but the same guys are asked to dig in and play Man to Man all game and with such a lame offensive strategy, they have no legs by the second half. It needs to be more balanced, creative, and I wonder if they spend so much time on Defense that they do not work on offensive games for these guys? Bey needs better face up moves, Battey needs a mid range jumper, and so on and so on! I want everyone to come back, I want Tad to make changes as needed, and then we will see if Tad should stay or go. Why did he play some zone in the past, and then completely dropped it?

Jay Bilas wants seniors to be able to come back and play next year. 😳
They deserve it! The chance for a Championship was stolen from them.
Still think they should have Postponed the Tournament until May 1st and then starting making alternate plans and decisions.

They deserve it! The chance for a Championship was stolen from them.
Still think they should have Postponed the Tournament until May 1st and then starting making alternate plans and decisions.

The problem with that (the academics would say) would be you'd cut into summer break. Its logical to give any senior who lost out a chance to come back next year-even if that means 20 person basketball teams.

The problem with that (the academics would say) would be you'd cut into summer break. Its logical to give any senior who lost out a chance to come back next year-even if that means 20 person basketball teams.
It’s a sad life lesson. Sometimes things don’t work out the way you expect / want. Sometimes life’s not fair.
But yes it’s awful to miss out. Some unknown champion will never get to celebrate. Along with their fans.

Back