What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread- WBB hosts North Dakota State (Wednesday, 11/28, 7:00 PM)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
It's Buffs vs. Bison tomorrow evening at the Keg, with the opening tip scheduled for 7:00 PM MT.

Per http://www.gobison.com/schedule.aspx?path=wbball , North Dakota State (NDSU), in addition to, in effect, sharing nicknames (but they have Thundar rather than Chip, and I assume no Ralphie), have the same 5-1 record so far this season as CU, with the Bison's only loss being to Navy.

Live Video (Via free live stream) - http://pac-12.com/live/cubuffs

Live Audio - On Radio: 630 KHOW, with broadcast also available for streaming via http://www.cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=1171&type=Live .

Live Stats - http://www.sidearmstats.com/cu/wbball/

Wish I could go, but I have school duties. Hope to catch the last quarter or so on the computer.

Should be another win for the Buffs as should the rest of the non-conference schedule.

North Dakota State has no notable victories among the five games they've won. All but one were in Fargo and the one exception was on a neutral court. On paper this doesn't look like a challenging game for the Buffs.

After this game the Buffs don't have a game for a week when they play at Colorado State.

Buffs up BIG in this one 28-11 at the end of the 1st quarter (30-16 right now), and announcer saying everyone on the Buffs bench has already played.

Various from this evening's game-

Article -

Direct link - http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/11...-buffs-continue-hot-start-improve-to-6-1.aspx

"
BOULDER - The Colorado Buffaloes women's basketball team improved to 6-1 on Wednesday with a commanding 108-59 victory over the North Dakota State Bison. It was the fifth consecutive win for the Buffs.

The Bison (5-2) were never really in the contest, as an early 8-1 Colorado first-quarter run set the tone early for multiple impressive individual performances from the Buffs.

Led by junior guard Kennedy Leonard (16 points, 10 assists, 7 rebounds) and junior transfer Janea Bunn (21 points, 11 rebounds), the Buffs improved to 16-6 in Coors Events Center under coach JR Payne in her second season at the helm, including moving to 4-0 this season.

Noteworthy
28th time in school history CU has scored over 100 points and the 108 points were tied for the 11th-most ... fifth career double-double for Leonard, all on points/assists ... CU has only had 19 points/assists double-doubles in history, including three triple-doubles ... Bunn recorded her first career double-double ... it is the fourth consecutive game CU has had a player with a double-double ... CU shot 59.7 percent in the game, its highest field goal percentage since Feb. 1, 2006, against Kansas when it shot 61.9 percent ... Colorado had its highest-scoring first quarter and first half since Idaho State on Dec. 3 last season (led 30-11 and 55-25 in that game) ... CU's .605 field goal percentage in the first half was the highest in a half since shooting .613 in the first half against UMass on Nov. 27, 2015 ... it was the second time this season CU has held an opponent under 30 percent shooting ... the +27 rebounding margin was the Southeastern Louisiana game on Nov. 30 last season (+35) ... the 46 field goals matched the total from the Southeastern Louisiana game and are tied for the sixth-most in CU history ... all 12 Buffs who saw action tonight recorded at least 2 points, including five Buffs who put up double digits (Bunn, Leonard, Thomas, Carter, Hollingshed).

Quoteworthy
"There's no such thing as a perfect game, but there was no drop off at anytime tonight, every Buff played well." -JR Payne

"(Tonight's performance) is pretty exciting, it helps my confidence a lot and lets me know that I should be playing and competing here." - Janea Bunn

"I just told myself to not rush anything when I first got put in, and like Janea said, it's a huge confidence booster to me." -Peyton Carter

"It's a huge confidence boost for all of us in general, and the chance to raise the level of play in the future is encouraging." -JR Payne

What's Next?
The Buffs have a week off before traveling up I-25 to take on rival Colorado State in Fort Collins on December 6th with a 7:00 tip.
"

Post-game press conference -

(Direct link since tweet didn't work for me - https://www.pscp.tv/w/bO4m7DFQWEtke...LbSIzynKcMAllfQhAUmPwllDxJr1j0Dfrc4r-tgQdIp4R

Highlights -

Box score - http://www.cubuffs.com/boxscore.aspx?path=wbball&id=10086

This was the first game I was able to make this year. I know the schedule is going to get a lot tougher but watching them put up 108 was great. Talent and speed have definitely been upgraded and though some of the new players are a little raw, they are going to be fun to watch. Kennedy Leonard is such a warrior.

76 points in the paint. That will be more difficult in the Pac.
76 points total will be difficult in Pac 12 play, but my guess is the Buffs will get there a few times this season. This team continues to improve game by game. I am very impressed with the attitude and desire of all the players. They are aggressive from the get go and just keep on going hard.

Prior to last night's game I figured they would win by about 20 points or so. But they just mauled NDSU by imposing their style of transition basketball which got them a lot of easy baskets. Obviously this won't happen in bunches in every game, but they will get their share of points this way.

There were some amazing individual statistics from the game - in big part due to them being produced in a short amount of time.

Janea Bunn: 21 pts, 11 rbds, 4 bks in 19 minutes.
Kennedy Leonard: 16 pts, 10 assists, 7 rbds in 18 minutes
Peyton Carter: 12 pts, 8 assits in 21 minutes

CSU is next on Wednesday night. Doesn't look like there is tv or a live stream.

JR likes to play transition basketball. I don't think she recruits players she doesn't think can play that type of game. The way Janea Bunn has been performing so far is outstanding. Loved her radio interview. When asked the difference between juco and DI, she said besides the level of talent, better food, better hotels and flying to games!

OT: I caught the 2nd half of WBB Notre Dame at UConn. Wow. Great to watch; UConn came back in the 4th qtr. without 2 key players.

OT: I caught the 2nd half of WBB Notre Dame at UConn. Wow. Great to watch; UConn came back in the 4th qtr. without 2 key players.
So, you’re telling me that UConn was able to pull it out with just three 5 star and two 4 star players? Impressive.

Back