What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME WEEK/Start of Season! (Other Games Thread)

Buffsbball

Just like that it's game week, first game is this Wednesday at 6 against South Dakota. Can't wait for the season to get started. Even though there's been a lot of covid pop up and tournament alterations/cancellations, seems like everything is still a go. Any thoughts/expectations on this weird season. I'm just hoping Kin gets to make play in the tourney, no player deserves that more.

Just like that it's game week, first game is this Wednesday at 6 against South Dakota. Can't wait for the season to get started. Even though there's been a lot of covid pop up and tournament alterations/cancellations, seems like everything is still a go. Any thoughts/expectations on this weird season. I'm just hoping Kin gets to make play in the tourney, no player deserves that more.
Super excited for the season. Defense and rebounding are going to be issues until otherwise proven. Could be a really fun offense if we find some shooting. For those of you who want to listen instead of read about season breakdowns, I recommend buffstampede and Freeballin to get you ready.

This is a good thread too.

Super excited for the season. Defense and rebounding are going to be issues until otherwise proven. Could be a really fun offense if we find some shooting. For those of you who want to listen instead of read about season breakdowns, I recommend buffstampede and Freeballin to get you ready.

This is a good thread too.

Hadn't thought about this, but it's true

How do you think Tad handles early season rotations? He usually clears the bench has bigger rotations in the non-conference before getting 8-9 guys for conference season? Guessing with a short offseason he might have bigger rotations to start, but can also see him keeping it tight with who he's comfortable with since freshman haven't had a ton of time to acclimate.

What's the TV plan for B-Ball? Is P12N going to be involved or will everything shift to ESPiN and FOX like CFB did this year?
(I'm guessing lots pf P12N still due amount of games even though it's reduced)

How do you think Tad handles early season rotations? He usually clears the bench has bigger rotations in the non-conference before getting 8-9 guys for conference season? Guessing with a short offseason he might have bigger rotations to start, but can also see him keeping it tight with who he's comfortable with since freshman haven't had a ton of time to acclimate.
today he said 8-9, maybe 10.

As for the P12 network @HotRack it will be heavily used for P12 bball games.

Looks like K-State Struggling with Drake early, they are a really young team coming off a disappointing year last year, hopefully we can handle them. Xavier and the Nubs already thrown up 100 point games. As much as I hate to say it really think Hoiberg can make the nubs respectable. UCLA vs SDSU is a real fun game I'll be tuned into tonight. Memphis vs St. Mary's a fun one right now. ASU vs Rhode Island should be another fun one.

Looks like K-State Struggling with Drake early, they are a really young team coming off a disappointing year last year, hopefully we can handle them. Xavier and the Nubs already thrown up 100 point games. As much as I hate to say it really think Hoiberg can make the nubs respectable. UCLA vs SDSU is a real fun game I'll be tuned into tonight. Memphis vs St. Mary's a fun one right now. ASU vs Rhode Island should be another fun one.
Watched some of the Nub game, and they have a bunch of pretty good transfers and JUCOs.

That Whelan thread is about 80% of the reading I've done in terms of preseason stuff.

Sounds like no big hopes for Dallas; I'm still holding out hope that he finally gets his legs under him after all that post knee injuries rehab, and turns out to be even better than he was early in conference play in 2018.

USC Men's Basketball Surges in Overtime To Defeat Cal Baptist, 95-87​

USC - picked one spot ahead of CU in the preseason Pac-12 poll, is also 1-0 after "surging" to defeat California Baptist ... the key words being in overtime. Though their 5-star freshman apparently played pretty well.

#4 Virginia allowed San Francisco to go on an 8-0 run in the final segment and couldn't come back. Lost 61-60.

Very uncharacteristic of a Bennett team.

Surveying the landscape of CBB... this was a really excellent week for Tad and friends. Calmly overcoming obstacles for two comfortable wins despite swirling chaos.

What a great win for VT over #3 Villanova on a neutral court. I was so nervous when the call at end of regulation went against us, leading to the OT.

Tech, CU and Wisconsin a combined 6-0. Loving this start to the season.

What a great win for VT over #3 Villanova on a neutral court. I was so nervous when the call at end of regulation went against us, leading to the OT.

Tech, CU and Wisconsin a combined 6-0. Loving this start to the season.

Congrats to your Hokies, I was impressed with Nova when I watched them against stripper pole state.

Richmond destroyed #10 Kentucky today. I like that Spiders team. Couple of small guards who are very active and disruptive on both ends. They could make the Dance and win a game.

Back