What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread-MEN'S bball hosts CSU (Thurs., 12/8/22 7:00 MT, ESPN2), No. Alabama (Thurs., 12/15 6:30 MT, Pac 12 Net.) and UNC (Sun.,3:00, Pac 12 Net.)

Good to see that the constant bitching about LL's offensive game is back. Here is where the real bitching belongs.

The combined per game stats of the players who are truly disappointing this season (2 grad transfers and a player in his 3rd year with the program, second as a starter).

58 mins/game
17 ppg
9 rpg
4 apg
4 TO pg
39/30/58 slash line

It's the wings, folks. The 58 mins/game that Clifford/Gabbidon/Wright are getting should be more like 38 minutes. I'd account for the additional 20 minutes as follows:

+5 to Hadley (from 25 to 30 mpg)
+10 to Ruffin (from 12 to 22 mpg)
+5 to Allen (give him 5 mins of run per game)
I'm hot today LOL!!! Watching LL, he doesn't look like a Pac12 player to be honest. He plays decent D, but he's showing nothing as far as making a basket.

I totally agree with your post!!! The Ivy boys aren't Pac12 players either. Sort of a miss IMO. Tad should've lured an experienced post man in.

I don't understand how Clifford got worse. It certainly is Ruffin time. He's got a jump shot and isn't afraid to use it.

Tristan makes scoring look easy. He isn't going to take someone from the top of the key and dunk on them. But he can make a shot from almost anywhere, and it's always so damn smooth.

Any game that hey and KJ decide they want to win, we're going to win
I'll counter this by saying the formula for defeating us is easy for the Pac12 - Focus solely on stopping 1 or both of KJ and TDS. No one else on our team has the ability to step up and fill the gap. Pac12 opponents will have players who match up with these two more so than UNA and UNC. Shocker, I know. I worry there could be some ugly nights in January and February TBH.

I don't think that was me.

Anyway, I love his defense, communication and effort. I see improvement with his rebounding. But until he fixes his FT shooting, he's too much of a liability to have on the court at the end of games.

you're right, it was cu3x. my bad

I don't think that was me.

Anyway, I love his defense, communication and effort. I see improvement with his rebounding. But until he fixes his FT shooting, he's too much of a liability to have on the court at the end of games.
And yet, Clifford with the exact FT%, FG%, TO%, RPG% is out there. SMDH.

TBH, I was thinking all game I'd rather still have Kountz than Clifford, Wright, Gabbidon...

I'm hot today LOL!!! Watching LL, he doesn't look like a Pac12 player to be honest. He plays decent D, but he's showing nothing as far as making a basket.

I totally agree with your post!!! The Ivy boys aren't Pac12 players either. Sort of a miss IMO. Tad should've lured an experienced post man in.

I don't understand how Clifford got worse. It certainly is Ruffin time. He's got a jump shot and isn't afraid to use it.

Tad did lure and experienced post man, the university wouldn't admit him

Tad did lure and experienced post man, the university wouldn't admit him
I know we were trying to get a freshman post from over seas. Just would've been nice to get at least one post from the portal instead of two 6'3 guards. Had to be some options out there.

I know we were trying to get a freshman post from over seas. Just would've been nice to get at least one post from the portal instead of two 6'3 guards. Had to be some options out there.
Until two weeks, any athletic program under the University of Colorado, with few exceptions, could NOT recruit transfers that were going into their junior or senior years. That was an issue

Considering that Tad could only look at grad transfers for the most part due to the CU admissions rules which were in place and he was losing Key, I get what he was doing. Get a couple experienced, productive, high IQ guys to hold down the fort and force the young talent to develop & earn minutes. It's a guard's game, so that had to be the priority. But, dammit, we all knew that it was a ton to replace in the front court where we lost our 2 best players in Jabari and Evan.

Get Klintman through admissions and we don’t have this conversation. Sucks!
Klintman would have meant no Hadley. We'd still have a huge problem with the wings and we wouldn't have had a guy averaging 10/7 on 55% shooting.

Klintman would have meant no Hadley. We'd still have a huge problem with the wings and we wouldn't have had a guy averaging 10/7 on 55% shooting.
Hadley is a very fair trade off. The issue is the Ivys. One of those spots should have been a front court player and the other should have been a legit wing.

Why not Hadley and Klintman?
Knowing what we know now, but the way it actually went down is that Klintman was our last spot and when admissions denied him (because, you know, CU standards are so much higher than fellow AAU members Maryland and Wake Forest... and I'm now ok with it... found my center... doesn't bother me at all these days... nothing to see here... I'm perfectly calm... Zen as fvck) then fortunately Mike Rohn had stayed in contact with Hadley and we were able to land an 11th hour replacement.

Back