What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBALL on the road at Oregon (Thursday, 1/26/23, 7:00 PM MT; Pac 12 Network) & OSU (Saturday, 8:30 PM MT, Pac 12 Network)

This one is especially flaming hot.

Do we really need to go back over some of those Patton years?

CU's only choice is not Tad Boyle or Ricardo Patton. Lots of exciting options out there with a commitment from the administration, which just happened in a huge way with the football program.

Goodbye GIF

Fairly accurate until KJ … dude’s a sophomore and is literally the only truly dangerous player in this team. (Ok, yeah, Da Silva most of the time.) KJ has sucked recently but the fact is, you take him off this team and we’re prolly 7-16 and Tad’s seat is getting real warm. As it is, this will likely end as a losing season …
I acknowledge that he's a sophomore. But the numbers don't lie.

Last 7 games CU is 2-5. Here are KJ's numbers.

11.3/3.9/3.4
34/15/82
3.1 TO Per game

I am getting nervous about losing TDS and KJ at this point
KJ could go and star at another top program and get some decent NIL
TDS is playing unbelievable basketball right now, and could do the same

Tad has mismanaged the roster and the way this team plays this year and I did not see it coming.

Can't Smith play up to 4 games without burning his Redshirt?

Same thing with Allen?

Both should at least play the last 3 games of the regular season, which are all at home

Honestly, Tristan should have just taken every single shot in this game. The offense should be built for him to come screaming off screens and just score 40+ points.

LOB looked injured to me, had a calf issue, and was not feeling good or confident

Nique almost came out of his slump and was thinking he was a big shot and bricked a ton of shots

Hadley is far better than he even thinks he is and should take more shots.

I am going to reiterate my take that LL is not a premier starting Center in the PAC, period. He is a good kid, with some good disruptive defensive skills, but he has no offensive game at all. No post moves, not even a mid-range jumper, and cannot shoot free throws a lick. He is an ideal 2nd team sub that gets 10-14 min a game max resting a more talented starter

What a terrible day of basketball for the State of Colorado 😞

I am getting nervous about losing TDS and KJ at this point
KJ could go and star at another top program and get some decent NIL
TDS is playing unbelievable basketball right now, and could do the same

Tad has mismanaged the roster and the way this team plays this year and I did not see it coming.

Can't Smith play up to 4 games without burning his Redshirt?

Same thing with Allen?

Both should at least play the last 3 games of the regular season, which are all at home

Honestly, Tristan should have just taken every single shot in this game. The offense should be built for him to come screaming off screens and just score 40+ points.

LOB looked injured to me, had a calf issue, and was not feeling good or confident

Nique almost came out of his slump and was thinking he was a big shot and bricked a ton of shots

Hadley is far better than he even thinks he is and should take more shots.

I am going to reiterate my take that LL is not a premier starting Center in the PAC, period. He is a good kid, with some good disruptive defensive skills, but he has no offensive game at all. No post moves, not even a mid-range jumper, and cannot shoot free throws a lick. He is an ideal 2nd team sub that gets 10-14 min a game max resting a more talented starter

What a terrible day of basketball for the State of Colorado 😞
Allen has already used his redshirt because was out with hip surgery last year.

Agree on Hadley. I've harped on it before, but the kid shot 35% from 3 at JUCO. He needs to be taking his open looks from 3.

None of this matters until we find some leadership - from the team OR the coaching.

But we apparently won't get either this season.

Sports aren't exact science, and sometimes you get poor performances from people. That isn't always the coach.

Is it Tad who's causing TdS to avg 19 at home and 9 on the road? Is it Tad who tells KJ make 3 unforced TOs in a game? **** happens and the POS Buff fans calling to get rid of Tad are self-absorbed losers

Tad should hit the portal hard this off-season. There are only a few people that I want to keep in this roster.

And no matter how awesome KJ can be, we need a PG like McKinney. Hammond is not it.

This season has been extremely disappointing, and Tad deserves a lot of the blame IMO. But he gets a pass from me for one bad year. His overall body of work speaks for itself IMO. This year's performance is an outlier when you look at his full tenure.

Now if we don't see significant improvement next year with Cody Williams on the roster, then I think it's fair to say his seat is getting warm.

Tad should hit the portal hard this off-season. There are only a few people that I want to keep in this roster.

And no matter how awesome KJ can be, we need a PG like McKinney. Hammond is not it.
Agreed. This roster needs to flipped. Fresh blood is needed. Nique, Hammond, Allen should all move on. Bring on a transfer PG, PF, and established wing shooter.

This is all exactly like Kin’s sophmore season. We hit a low point at end of January and it was very frustrating. The only time in Tad’s career where I thought about life after Tad, but that was going to be only after giving him the opportunity to swing it around the next yesr when the Kin/Bey class were Juniors.

We then proceeded to win like our last 7 confernece games or something that year, and it ushered the best 2 year bball stretch in modern CU history.

No one should expect that this year, but also no one in their right mind should even consider firing Tad, despite this being an abysmal season.

People calling for a complete roster overhaul are also needing to rebase expectations. Both Ivy leagues are gone, allen’s mostl likely gone, so there are your 3 frosh scholarships.
Tad’s not gunna force out of bunch of other guys magically to take on transfers, that’s not him. And look at how well we did with our Ivy grad transfers. Would of course love for Nique to move and open one spot at least.

Asking for firing Tad is just the dumbest thing a CU basketball fan would ever do.

It has been a very very frustrated season so far. Especially considering how high our expectations were before the season. People just let their emotions get the better of them.

LOL this thread. Checked out for a few days and now the pitchforks are out

BTW. Kenpom #61. Still projected to finish with a winning record. That'll be 1 losing season in 13 years.

R-E-L-A-X
Nah man. It's falling apart. I'm going on Thursday and I expect to see an implosion

Nah man. It's falling apart. I'm going on Thursday and I expect to see an implosion
Not saying this season is salvageable by any means (outside of miraculous run in Vegas). You can stick a fork in this season, its done. Just hoping to finish .500 now.

I would also say it's not Tad's worst season ever (I still rank that 14'-15' season with the disastrous CBI run as the worst ever).

But LOL for people to think that Tad's lost it, just stop. Take for instance Leonard Hamilton, over 500 career wins, been at FSU 20 years, good seasons ebb and flow.

I'll take Tad over a Patton or Bzdelik every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Yikes. Here come the promos. AD must be projecting some low attendance down the stretch given recent performance.
Yep. CBB arenas become ghost towns at the end of poor seasons. I'm glad that they're trying to do something. And since Plati's not driving things these days, I'm not as concerned that this is mostly an attempt to dox people.

Not saying this season is salvageable by any means (outside of miraculous run in Vegas). You can stick a fork in this season, its done. Just hoping to finish .500 now.

I would also say it's not Tad's worst season ever (I still rank that 14'-15' season with the disastrous CBI run as the worst ever).

But LOL for people to think that Tad's lost it, just stop. Take for instance Leonard Hamilton, over 500 career wins, been at FSU 20 years, good seasons ebb and flow.

I'll take Tad over a Patton or Bzdelik every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Mhmm, mhmm... Thank god there's more than three coaches out there. There's a camp that's happy being a mid tier tournament team and never reaching beyond that, and there's a camp that wants more. I'm in the camp that wants more.

An AD that wants more would have Tad on the hot seat next year 🤷.

Mhmm, mhmm... Thank god there's more than three coaches out there. There's a camp that's happy being a mid tier tournament team and never reaching beyond that, and there's a camp that wants more. I'm in the camp that wants more.

An AD that wants more would have Tad on the hot seat next year 🤷.
Ok. Good luck with that

Back