What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- Women's bball hosts Cal (Friday, 2/14, 7:00 PM MT) & #8/7 Stanford (Sunday, noon MT)

Buffs don't score, but get a Knight steal. Still up 1 and with the ball; CU takes their last timeout (mainly I assume to advance the ball to half court) with 29.7 seconds left. Shot clock is off.

Buffs get intentionally fouled, only make 1-2, but get the offensive board. They make another 1-2. Stanford gets that rebound; they have the ball down 3 with 24 seconds left.

Stanford misses a 3, Buffs get the rebound and are fouled immediately. 2 more free throws for the Buffs and 18 seconds left. Buffs unfortunately miss both. Stanford takes a timeout with the ball.

F****CK- Stanford gets a 3, then steals the ball and their player hurls and makes a 3 at the buzzer from about 40' or so.

They get the 3 point win.

giphy.gif

Such a painful last minute to that game. In case anyone wonders about how important those final minute free throws are, this game is the textbook case. The Buffs have to learn how to win close games against top teams. Going 0 for 3 on shot attempts and 2 for 6 on free throws in the final minute doesn't hack it. So close.

Such a painful last minute to that game. In case anyone wonders about how important those final minute free throws are, this game is the textbook case. The Buffs have to learn how to win close games against top teams. Going 0 for 3 on shot attempts and 2 for 6 on free throws in the final minute doesn't hack it. So close.

Hitting FTs down the stretch is the difference between a mediocre team and good/great team.

I know the roster is young but this team retuned 4 starters from last season and in the last 10 seconds it was a Jr and Sr making terrible decisions right in front of their own bench and coaches. In addition another retuning starter misses 2 free throws with 30 seconds left. Tiered of excuses and missed opportunities with this group, they’ve beat some bad teams this season but not one quality win yet this season

OMG! I was meeting people for a late lunch and the last I saw was a tweet that we were up 3 with 17 seconds & change to go.

What a horrible ending for the team.

So much of that sounds like it was self-inflicted, too. Stanford's gonna make some tough shots & credit where it's due. But you can't miss 3/4 FTs and turn the ball over when trying to close out a team. You just can't. ****!

Last edited:
In Q's defense, Q was playing the point, which is not her position. Jaylen had 4 fouls and Sila is injured. Sila is a much better ball handler than Q.

No excuse for missing the free throws and no excuse on the missed shots at the end.

I had to work so did not see the game but just an awful finish. I am done with the young team excuse. Everybody has experience now and as Tad says, if you can't make a FT, that is on you. Against Cal they had trouble at times with traps and pressure. It is time for this team to start executing down the stretch

It was nice to see Fijikowski there. I saw her at the game on friday and wondered if it was her but thought it might be Regan Scott, Cool to see all those players back.

Raegen Scott was coaching a game during yesterday's festivities. TCU beat Iowa State yesterday.

When the 25th anniversary team was introduced, the first intro was for Raegen Scott Pebley via a video clip of her in the TCU locker room with the TCU players. She gave a nice short talk about how much she wished she could have been in Boulder and a reference back to her locker room days with the 95 team.

I am kind of amazed at how tall Fijikowski is. In the pictures standing next to Scholz she looks like a a giant compared to Erin.

did not know she was wearing heels. I think its pretty cool she came back after only being with the program 1 year

Once a Buff, always a Buff.

I listen to the radio broadcast synced to the television broadcast because I don't like the Pac-12 announcers. Shelley Sheetz sat in for the 3rd quarter. She said she had not seen Isabelle since the banquet 25 years ago.

I don't know if I heard back then if Isabelle returned to France at the end of the season or stuck around for the rest of the semester. From that comment, my guess is that she returned to France. She could not have earned a degree in one year.

Back