What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Happy Football Season!!! (Official Camp Thread)

buff4bcs1985

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm Back!
Club Member
We made it through the offseason... LET'S ****ING GO!!!!

Follow Woelk's camp blog here: https://cubuffs.tumblr.com/

Here's the camp schedule of key dates. If a day isn't listed, it pretty much means meeting, practice, meeting for that day (the normal schedule).

August 2 - Day Off
August 3 - 1st Day in Full Pads
August 5 - Scrimmage (Open to Public 10:00-12:30)
August 6 - Day Off
August 12 - Scrimmage (Closed to Public)
August 13 - Day Off
August 18 - Team Photos / Scrimmage (Closed to Public - at 6pm to acclimate to RMS kickoff)
August 20 - Day Off (Freshmen move into dorms)
August 22 - Media Day (regular practices with a media schedule of MM at 12:15, Assistants from 12:45-1:30, Players from 12:45-2:00)
August 25 - Kickoff Luncheon at 11:30 (team practices at 6pm)
August 26 - Practice Open to Students Only (10:05-11:45)
August 27 - Day Off (AD's welcome picnic - private event)
August 28 - 1st Day of Classes / Game Week practice schedule
August 29 - MM Media Luncheon at 11:30
August 31 - MM Radio Show (Fate Brewing 12:30-1:30)

Last edited by a moderator:
No media access to practices other than in-house media. So I'd suggest everyone start following Woelk for the exclusive coverage.

BSN has an article that Moretti had some nerve issues during his recovery. They think he's on the right path but a redshirt year will be good for him.

da Prato working with KD Nixon <.<

I'm glad Moretti can redshirt. Hard for a true freshman to be effective on the OL even if he's been able to train and compete at 100%. This is better for him and the team.

Nerve issues, that is nothing to mess around with. Redshirt would be the best move. He's young, that means a lot.

Maggie was brought on this year to drive social media for the Buffs. I like what she's been doing so far. There was one funny one where she asked the team to tweet out after the new roster was published... they took direction a bit too literally and about 100 guys tweeted their personal profile in about a 15 minute period. :ROFLMAO: It's a learning process.

Chase Newman also out with an injury, was it Newman or Landman that people were hoping could step in right away?

Chase Newman also out with an injury, was it Newman or Landman that people were hoping could step in right away?
Landman is the guy I thought. From the moment I saw his junior season highlights, he was one of my favorite recruits.

Junior highlights:

Senior highlights:

As one assistant coach said Saturday, "Now we have Pac-12 guys at every position."

Some notes on specific players standing out in 11 on 11s today:
Senior wide receiver Bryce Bobo made a beautiful over-the-shoulder grab on the sidelines in double-coverage on a nice ball from quarterback Steven Montez. … Junior wide receiver Juwann Winfree, coming back from a knee injury that ended his season in fall camp a year ago, showed no signs of that injury, coming up with a terrific diving catch across the middle. … Cornerbacks Trey Udoffia and Dante Wigley, battling for the starting spot opposite Isaiah Oliver, both made plays. … Backup running back Michael Adkins showed some nice bursts and no hint of the injuries that have hindered him over the last couple of seasons. … Freshman center Colby Pursell, a "grayshirt" signee from the 2016 recruiting class, continued where he left off from a solid spring and is turning heads regularly. … Linebacker Drew Lewis continues to show some outstanding athleticism in the middle, showing he'll be the type of player who can make plays in space.

Man, it really sucks that nobody but Woelk has access. How do they not use a little discretion and allow @BuffStampede in, knowing full well that he has been covering CU for a long ass time?

After a Wake Forest alumni sold his team's secrets to other programs? I'd blame that jerk instead. I won't be surprised if other FBS teams are doing the same thing.

I think at this point I am in the camp that our defense will drop off bigger than expected and they will have to cause turnovers for us to win in a shootout.

So why are they practicing down the hill and not the brand new fields next to the stadium? Just trying to keep the fields nice and rotate through?

So why are they practicing down the hill and not the brand new fields next to the stadium? Just trying to keep the fields nice and rotate through?

trying to save franklin field for the season

Saving the fields is part of it, but another big thing is that at this stage of camp MacIntyre is a frikin witch at practice organization. He keeps everyone moving all the time and gets every guy a ton of reps. Having the two full fields down there is an asset for this he's able to make the most of.

Have space to run multiple outdoor fields at once. When they are up top and they need multiple fields one group has to be in the IPF and one is on Franklin. My guess is it is more efficient for camp stuff down on the lower fields.

Back