What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How optimistic are you about the 5-year future of CU football?

See above

• Very optimistic

Votes: 34 41.5%
  • Somewhat optimistic

Votes: 45 54.9%
  • Somewhat unoptimistic

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Very unoptimistic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're out recruiting our conference. We also look like we will have the largest football budget (OSU right there due to the Pickens endowment). Not sure how anyone could not be optimistic unless, for some reason, they think that talent and resources aren't the primary drivers of football success.

But which one you choose is quite revealing!
Kind of like are you glass half full or half empty?

sassy talk show the game show GIF by truTV

I am concerned about the 5 year future. Sanders is a great promoter and has a vision for building a program. One of my concerns is can CU compete in this era of NIL and free spending (a lot of really good programs are in the same boat). I also believe that Sanders should re-evaluate some of his vision. I am not sure the 40-40-20 thing works in the long term. I believe you have to develop leadership across your squad and that is difficult with the mercenary approach.

I am concerned about the 5 year future. Sanders is a great promoter and has a vision for building a program. One of my concerns is can CU compete in this era of NIL and free spending (a lot of really good programs are in the same boat). I also believe that Sanders should re-evaluate some of his vision. I am not sure the 40-40-20 thing works in the long term. I believe you have to develop leadership across your squad and that is difficult with the mercenary approach.
Cuts both ways though. Players will transfer away from him the moment they get on his bad side.

I know money into this program is vastly ahead of where it's been. If we can keep leveraging the media draw and Prime's contacts, the nil should catch up. Then, ya know, getting the right coaches in. But funds are required for both those and we should have funds

Back