What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Impact of Saturday's game for recruiting

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I don't think there's been a bigger game in the MacIntyre era from a recruiting standpoint.

First, there's the impact of being a ranked, undefeated team that would have the inside track to win the South. It would likely mean that CU had a 2-game lead for the South with a game in hand vs both USC and ASU.

Next, there's credibility and legitimacy with especially west coast recruits but also nationally that comes with beating USC. Most especially in the Coliseum where they haven't lost under Helton and currently have the 2nd longest home win streak in the nation after Alabama. Every recruit that CU is talking to will take note of a win this week.

Beyond that, there are the specific recruiting targets. If we go down the list of the guys most of us would say are at or near the top of our wish lists, most of them seem to be either USC leans or USC verbals. This is Kyle Ford, Stephon Wright, Ty Robinson, Ethan Rae and Jason Rodriguez. Signing any of them to the Buffs would be huge.

I don't ever say "must win" unless it's a game with something actually on the line like the division, conference, bowl or playoff... but this one's as big as it gets outside of that.

Go Buffs!

Last edited:
+1

Now that MacIntyre has the 2016 win at Stanford under his belt and a P12S title, beating USC should be one of his most meaningful career goals. This win would be huge for his resume and for stature of the entire program.

The path to the Rose Bowl (or playoffs) goes through the coliseum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed but the staff will know how to spin it either way (“we would have won with you at WR!”). Bu, yeah, a win this Saturday would go a long way for national cred.

I found this sort of interesting. Most interesting, or surprising, to me is that PSU is on the list. I've been to Happy Valley and it didn't seem like anything but a typical college town. As a matter of fact, that is all it is. I've always been sort of curious about USC. Some say it's location is a big plus because its "real." Others say its a negative because its in a high crime area. Yale doesn't surprise me. New Haven is a **** hole.
https://www.inmyarea.com/resources/colleges/6-dangerous-colleges

Back