What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jack Kroll, candidate for Regent (Now an AB Lucky Vidmar endorsement)

Thanks for visiting. Jack never responded to my tweets at him, so I assume he truly doesn't know how the stadium was funded.

It's hard to believe that he doesn't know, as he has been corrected on this several times and in person. In fact, in his speech yesterday, he, for the first time, did not use his usual talking point, but instead just said that the stadium renovation was unnecessary. So, he clearly knows. But, in this campaign, Jack has not been all that concerned with being accurate with facts.

1st Congressional District (if you don't know where you vote):
lossless-page1-2166px-Colorado_US_Congressional_District_1_%28since_2013%29.tif.png

I really appreciate all the outreach folks! Now that we beat Jack in the first part of the campaign, and will be on the top spot of the primary ballot, we are about to spread our message to a much broader audience all over the First Congressional district (all of Denver, parts of Arapahoe and Jefferson counties). So, it will take any and all communication channels! Also, THANK YOU to those who pitched in with contributions - I am so amazed by your generosity. It will take some coin to fund the mailings and online ads, so I assure that all of it will be put to good use. Go Buffs!!

I really appreciate all the outreach folks! Now that we beat Jack in the first part of the campaign, and will be on the top spot of the primary ballot, we are about to spread our message to a much broader audience all over the First Congressional district (all of Denver, parts of Arapahoe and Jefferson counties). So, it will take any and all communication channels! Also, THANK YOU to those who pitched in with contributions - I am so amazed by your generosity. It will take some coin to fund the mailings and online ads, so I assure that all of it will be put to good use. Go Buffs!!

What our online community believes strongly in is that CU should endeavor to be world-class at everything it decides to do. So if CU is going to have a hospital, an academic program, an athletic team, a concert series... whatever... we want to know that the people in charge aren't satisfied with mediocrity. Reading your platform and comments, you seem to get that. It doesn't seem that many of the other candidates for Regent we have seen embrace that mindset.

At some unknown point CU Regents will be tasked to name a replacement for President Bruce Benson (age 77).

Jack Kroll deserves zero voice in that process. Table Stakes for a Regent should be 1) Truth & Trustworthiness. 2) Commitment to elevate CU's standing as a premier university at State, National, and Global levels. 3) Mastery of how the University system works, including budget, role of federal grants & state funding, statutory & compliance obligations, awareness of national trends in higher ed. 4) A positive and tireless advocate for higher education in a rapidly changing landscape.

Kroll is grinding axes. Kroll either fails to understand how the university funding model works, or he chooses to be deceitful. Either way, he is not someone who I'd trust to steer CU's future.

Last edited by a moderator:
At some point unknown point CU Regents will be tasked to name a replacement for President Bruce Benson (age 77).

Jack Kroll deserves zero voice in that process. Table Stakes for a Regent should be 1) Truth & Trustworthiness. 2) Commitment to elevate CU's standing as a premier university at State, National, and Global levels. 3) Mastery of how the University system works, including budget, role of federal & state grants, statutory & compliance obligations, awareness of broad perspective national trends in higher ed. 4) A positive advocate for change. Kroll is grinding axes. Kroll either fails to understand how the university funding model works, or he chooses to be deceitful. Either way, he is not someone who has be trusted to steer CU's future.

This is the point.

We are all fans of athletics but this is about much more that that.

A willingness to understand and honestly address the issues is critical across the entire spectrum of issues that the regents face. Someone who is willing to either knowingly lie or can't be bothered to find out the truth about issues he uses as his key talking points can't be trusted with the decisions that will impact the entire university for decades to come.

I am not in that district to vote but would hope that all involved who are will not only choose to vote for Mister Vidmar but also to personally talk with at least two other voters about this race as well.

It is worth looking at his website http://www.vidmarforcolorado.com/

His educational background including law and engineering is a unique combination that adds to the knowledge base of the regents. These are both important major areas in the university and apply directly to the work of the regents. His experience as both a student and a TA give him a valuable perspective on different elements of the university experience.

Last edited:
Serious question: before I plug my information and cc in on your website, is it good or bad for you to receive "out of state" donations? I'd hate for my little donation to lead to any weird campaign difficulties...

Serious question: before I plug my information and cc in on your website, is it good or bad for you to receive "out of state" donations? I'd hate for my little donation to lead to any weird campaign difficulties...
Thanks for asking! It's totally ok, as long as you are supporting me because you believe in my platform, and your contribution is under the legal limit ($400), and you are a US citizen. Appreciate it in advance!

One thing I'd like to point to everyone on allbuffs: unless you are obscenely wealthy, electing regents that understand and support the AD is the single most important thing you can do to support the CU athletic teams.

Donating $50, $100, $200 to the campaign of an AD friendly candidate will likely have a much bigger impact on the field (or court) than making that same donation to the AD.

Getting your friends and family to vote for AD friendly regent candidates is more important than getting them to come to a game.

Unlike most state schools, the regents at CU are not appointed by the governor - they're elected by the people. A lot of people don't even vote in the election - or, if they do, they just vote a "straight ticket" - i.e. all republicans or democrats, regardless of individual or office. This means that a little effort can go a long way: a shift of a few hundred votes can swing the entire election.

Your small donation and your coaxing of friends and family to vote the right way really can make a difference.

Back