What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jeff Grimes - OC Baylor

I thought of him earlier. Great TX recruiter and loves physical football. Did his name come up or are you just spitballing?

I thought of him earlier. Great TX recruiter and loves physical football. Did his name come up or are you just spitballing?
I went through every single FBS coaching roster and he was the only OC or DC that had ties, worked at multiple prestigious programs, has proven results, and it could be argued he’s still on his come up.

Coaching Career Highlights
  • 25-year coaching veteran, including 10 seasons as a running game coordinator and two as an assistant head coach
  • Coached Auburn’s offensive line during the Tigers’ 2010 BCS National Championship run.
  • During his stint, the Cougars ranked No. 5 in total offense (465.5 ypg) and scoring offense (36.8 ppg) in 2006 and No. 13 in total offense (462.4 ypg) and No. 24 in scoring (33.0 ppg) in 2005
  • Curtis Brown ran for back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons behind Grimes’ unit and became the school’s then all-time leading rusher in 2006 with 3,193 yards
  • Coached several of BYU’s best linemen during his first BYU tenure, including Travis Bright, Dallas Reynolds, Lance Reynolds, Jr., Ray Feinga and Scott Young, who all spent time on NFL squads
  • Worked with numerous respected head coaches and coordinators in college football, including Ed Orgeron, Les Miles, Frank Beamer, Gene Chizik, Gus Malzahn, Dan Hawkins, Mark Helfrich, Dirk Koetter, R.C. Slocum and Ken Hatfield
  • At LSU, Grimes has had three of his players selected in the NFL Draft to go along with nine All-SEC honors and three All-Americans
  • LSU's offensive line has helped pave the way for four consecutive 1,000-yard rushers in each of Grimes’ four seasons, including Leonard Fournette, who set the school's single-season mark with 1,853 yards and 22 touchdowns in 2015
  • In 49 games as LSU's offensive line coach and running game coordinator, LSU has had at least one running back reach the 100-yard rushing mark 34 times
  • The Tiger offense has averaged more than 200 rushing yards per game for five consecutive seasons, including the last four under Grimes—a school record
  • During Auburn's 2010 national championship season, Grimes' coached an offensive line that helped set school records for total yards of offense (6,989) and points (577) for a second consecutive season
  • The Tigers were No. 5 nationally in rushing yards per game (284.8) and led the SEC in scoring (41.2)
  • Auburn's 2010 team set school records for rushing touchdowns (41), passing touchdowns (31), rushing yards (3,987) and had three offensive linemen earn individual honors
  • In 2001, four of his seniors were drafted into the NFL, marking just the second time that had been done at any school since the NFL adopted the seven-round draft format in 1993
  • In one season at Boise State in 2000, Grimes' offensive line helped the Broncos lead the nation in scoring offense with an average of 44.9 points per game”

Would be a very solid option, imo. His offense could work wonders at altitude. Texas recruiting for sure. Somehow missed that Andy Reid was his OL coach in college. Pretty good coaching tree he's learning from

Someone has been posting some very thorough coaching profiles on the CU Sports subreddit and I feel they're worth linking to here as there's not a huge audience over there and I feel like he's putting some serious amount of work into these.

Last edited:
He didn’t become a coordinator until 2018. But he also was one of the highest paid OL coaches for some time. Honestly, having gotten to know him, it’s puzzling.

Someone has been posting some very thorough coaching profiles on the CU Sports subreddit and I feel they're worth linking to here as there's not a huge audience over there and I feel like he's putting some serious amount of work into these.

These are great and a lot of time put into it. I really like Herman and Grimes even more after reading those two. I'd worry about Ash being the DC again for Herman as he flamed out at Texas. Otherwise, either of those two would still be homeruns for me

Back