What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jimmy Brumbaugh leaving Colorado for Tennessee, now unemployed

I find it interesting there isn’t much action in this thread.

I’m curious about the move, seeing that he was set to earn more this year and has some talent to work with.

I’m curious about the move, seeing that he was set to earn more this year and has some talent to work with.
That is because it is being discussed in another thread.

Discussion ended up in the Carousel thread. Probably should move those posts here. Maybe one of the Junta saved enough for a morning bump after our Monday night hooker & blow party and can find the energy today to do it.

This is a bummer, but losing coaches is not surprising. Others schools pay so much more. Brumbaugh is a surprise since his son in here. Sort of a gut punch with the influx of talent. I hope MT finds a great replacement with the same energy etc... Seemed like the recruits really liked him. Although most of the recruiting was done for this year and UT waited until 1/31, it is cool that he waited to leave until after the NLI day.

This is a bummer, but losing coaches is not surprising. Others schools pay so much more. Brumbaugh is a surprise since his son in here. Sort of a gut punch with the influx of talent. I hope MT finds a great replacement with the same energy etc... Seemed like the recruits really liked him. Although most of the recruiting was done for this year and UT waited until 1/31, it is cool that he waited to leave until after the NLI day.
His family, including his son, was not happy here. Take a look at his Twitter.

I see a lot of MAGA stuff, but does that actually mean he wasn't happy here, just because Boulder is a liberal town?
Divisions here run deep, like a lot of places, and could be amplified by Boulder’s liberalness. I don’t want to live in the South, absent a few pockets, anymore.

His family, including his son, was not happy here. Take a look at his Twitter.

Thanks for letting me know, I did not know that. I'm not on Twitter. So, it looks like his son will transfer. If that is the case, I can only wish JB and his family well with the move.

Divisions here run deep, like a lot of places, and could be amplified by Boulder’s liberalness. I don’t want to live in the South, absent a few pockets, anymore.
I disagree with just about everything politically that happens in the state of Colorado, let alone Boulder. But I still love Colorado and Boulder. If I could live in Colorado I certainly would. That isn't to say that how many folks there see the world didn't have a negative impact on this coach, but I don't think the notion that if you have a different view point (political or otherwise) than many in the area where you live it will be an unhappy place to live is universal.

I don’t twitter, so I don’t see what was said about Boulder. I can never quite understand the problems a well paid guy would have with working there, though. He made enough money to live in Superior, Louisville, Broomfield, Longmont, wherever. The Boulder snob factor annoys me too, but I only go there to watch football games.

I read some of the articles, watched the press conference, and TN pundits--it seems like his firing was a surprise. Most of the post-game was all about TN's crappy offense. Some of the pundits said DL recruiting was not looking good, but that was the least of TN's worries. Pruitt said it was "differences in philosophy," sounds to me like the personalities did not mesh overall; and they probably had a blow-out at halftime or post-game. I'd like to have an ear as to what was said on gameday. In the 1st half, TN's offense went: punt, fumble, pick-6, pick-6, INT-FG.... then a TD. In the 1st half, TN defense forced 4 punts-- gave up about 65 yards of offense, forced a 3&out after halftime, then gave up their 1st drive. They said the intensity was not there in the 2nd half.

I don't know anything about JB . . . but it was pretty interesting stuff.

Back