What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Josh Huepel - HC University of Central Florida (UCF)

OU and NU on equal ground

Rofl

giphy.gif

Heupel was fired by Stoops because he was failing as OU's OC. Things went into overdrive in 2016 after the change. After that, he did ok at Utah State and better at Mizzou. It was surprising that he got that UCF job. He's done a heck of a job this year, but I'd see it as one hell of a risk to give him a P5 head coaching job based on this 1 season of performance.

Heupel was fired by Stoops because he was failing as OU's OC. Things went into overdrive in 2016 after the change. After that, he did ok at Utah State and better at Mizzou. It was surprising that he got that UCF job. He's done a heck of a job this year, but I'd see it as one hell of a risk to give him a P5 head coaching job based on this 1 season of performance.
Yep, haven't seen enough from him, at this point, imho.

That’s fair. But we’re okay handing the keys to Jimmy Lake based off 1 year of Co-defensive coordinator experience? I think the risks are the same tbh.

He’s a young guy who’s going to get to work with Baker and get a ton of money. Even if he fails, he can go back to college and be a hot commodity
No doubt there, 7+ million or, whatever it would be, is quite the incentive. That said, it would depend how competitive said coach is. I guess getting rich while miserable is ok, though.:D

No doubt there, 7+ million or, whatever it would be, is quite the incentive. That said, it would depend how competitive said coach is. I guess getting rich while miserable is ok, though.:D

I think the key factor is baker. Getting a full time chance to integrate your concepts with your guy and getting $7 million sounds really fun.

With the injury to Milton, Heupel's metal will really be tested. UCF's backup QB is big and fast, and has a strong arm. But he is green and sometimes seems indecisive. He started against a poor East Carolina team and won in fits and starts on offense. He played well enough to roll up 28 points on an oddly lethargic USf team. Memphis will be a big test for Mack and Heupel.

Back