What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kliff Kingsbury - HC Cardinals

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
He's on the hot seat and about to lose today. Season record will be 2-5, career 26-29.

Also, his record at TTU was 35-40.

Texas guy who has years as an OC and as a HC. Still a young coach at 43.

On the positive side, he's an energetic coach and promoter who brings a fan-friendly high-powered offense. His resume is also as good as it gets for identifying, recruiting and developing QB talent.

On the negative side, there may be more form than substance here. That's enough seasons as a HC for me to struggle finding excuses - at some point, you are what your record says you are.

Would not be a hire I'd be in love with, but I think it would be popular with other fans and certainly with national media.

skysports-kliff-kingsbury-arizona-cardinals_5535853.jpg

I would prefer we make the guys at the top of our list say no before we go to plan D guys like KK.

I think the difference is that he’s more of a celebrity now than last time he was coaching in college, and certainly has the QB angle. I think he’d recruit well and bring hype to the program. I’d be all for it

He’s got to be the first guy ever to be hired as an NFL HC the season after being fired from a college HC job. The infatuation with offensive innovators helped this guy fall up in a big way. I’d be happy enough with him as an OC at CU but that’s about it.

He’s got to be the first guy ever to be hired as an NFL HC the season after being fired from a college HC job. The infatuation with offensive innovators helped this guy fall up in a big way. I’d be happy enough with him as an OC at CU but that’s about it.

I'd be okay with hiring an excellent head coach, and hiring Kingsbury as OC.

I see no downside to this strategy, let's do that...

🤔

KK is not going anywhere as an OC.
I think he could definitely go to somewhere with a lot more money than CU as an OC. His HC record sucks. He fell up to the NFL, because their Front Office is like Our front office. I see him being an OC in the NFL. Recruiting well lags far behind coaching well when everything is said and done. We know he can't coach.

KK is not going anywhere as an OC.
He could go back into college as an HC at a pretty decent P5 level. Not Top 10-15 level, but relatively high IMO. As lawdogg mentioned above, he's custom made for ASU. Also a B12 or a mid-grade SEC job. I wonder if he'd fit in at Auburn. Heck, the Pirate is down there and doing well in Starkville.

Back