What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Little Help

VCBuff

Found on Sunday out my wife bought tickets for this weekends KSU game as a suprise birthday gift so we are flying in on Saturday morning.

As luck would have it, one of my boys just started his freshman year at USF in Tampa Bay and after checking many options the best way to get him out of there before Milton hit was just to have him go to Boulder for the week. So he is currently studying remotely in Boulder.

Any restaurant or entertainment recommendations that he should hit would be appreciated. He doesn't have a fake ID and doesn't drink or party anyway so bars are a no go.

I haven't been back since finishing up in (cough) '95 so I am pretty sure any of my old haunts are gone.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Found on Sunday out my wife bought tickets for this weekends KSU game as a suprise birthday gift so we are flying in on Saturday morning.

As luck would have it, one of my boys just started his freshman year at USF in Tampa Bay and after checking many options the best way to get him out of there before Milton hit was just to have him go to Boulder for the week. So he is currently studying remotely in Boulder.

Any restaurant or entertainment recommendations that he should hit would be appreciated. He doesn't have a fake ID and doesn't drink or party anyway so bars are a no go.

I haven't been back since finishing up in (cough) '95 so I am pretty sure any of my old haunts are gone.

Thanks for any suggestions.
What are you looking for? I assume you know to have him hit The Sink, Village Coffee Shop, etc.

I'd recommend him picking up a Boulder Weekly and seeing what looks interesting this week for live performances and whatnot.

Do we still have the game day info section/forum. I remember we would send people there in the past. Does it still exist? Is it outdated?

“Doesn’t drink or party” I see you lil VCBuff

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

What are you looking for? I assume you know to have him hit The Sink, Village Coffee Shop, etc.

I'd recommend him picking up a Boulder Weekly and seeing what looks interesting this week for live performances and whatnot.
I told him at one point this week he needed to go up on the hill and find The Sink and then Friday night to go to Pearl Street. Other than that I am useless.

Zoe Ma Ma

Ados on the Hill is underappreciated

Ginger Pig

Wild Pastures (I support regenerative beef)

And I can't emphasize Zoe Ma Ma enough (I eat there at least once a week)

Rayback Collective

Is he into outdoors stuff?

Lots of great hikes, even if it's just walking the Boulder Creek path. For someone visiting who is getting a feel for it, Chataqua and Eldorado Springs would be a couple trails I'd recommend.

during the day, he could hit the dark horse for old times sake too. they will just id him as not-legal to drink.

we are ravishing pearl this trip. but the hill might be better for his age?

oh yeah, Zoe ma ma is really good for reasonably priced and not too fancy. and they do not frown on my ways.

during the day, he could hit the dark horse for old times sake too. they will just id him as not-legal to drink.

we are ravishing pearl this trip. but the hill might be better for his age?
Hanging out on the Hill - the kids all go to The Corner. The Paleo Bowl is a favorite of mine. They crush the chimichurri.

It depends on what want. Fine dining is plentiful on Pearl Street if you want to take your wife out. Boxcar Coffee is an excellent local roaster. I am not sure where the kids hangout but there plenty of options for people 35.

I agree the only reason to go to the Rio is for the margs. The OP indicated that this underaged student doesn't have an ID or drink.
Hey I don’t read.

I love the Rio. Smothered steak burrito, chips and salsa, and a couple margs. I do it 1-2X/month

I haven't been to the rio in years. mmmm. Margies. like who would eat the food there other than slider?

Back