What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lost In The Chaos

Let's face it. We are a basketball school and will be for the foreseeable futture. We should just embrace and grow it.

Let's face it. We are a basketball school and will be for the foreseeable futture. We should just embrace and grow it.
I'm not gonna go that far because that would cause RG to start trying to "help" hoops.

The best thing for CU athletics right now would be to start a baseball program and tell RG to focus all of his attention there.

All that's missing are a couple tourney runs beyond the first weekend.

More meaningful would actually be a regular season conference title, but that's a lot more difficult so I've never allowed myself to hope much for that.

Last edited:
All that's missing are a couple tourney runs beyond the first weekend.

More meaningful would actually be a regular season conference title, but that's a lot more difficult so I've never allowed myself to hope much for that.
if not for injuries and COVID, decent chance he'd have that box checked. This group has so much potential too.

Or, really, last year's. Due to injuries, we hardly saw anything from the 2021 class. So much young talent that could elevate this season's result.
Tad's teams always play best when they're not expected to do much. The media will call us young and unknown and no match for the likes of Arizona, USC, UCLA, Oregon - hell even ASU and Stanford. Which ultimately means we'll win 23 games and make the tourney.

Tad's teams always play best when they're not expected to do much. The media will call us young and unknown and no match for the likes of Arizona, USC, UCLA, Oregon - hell even ASU and Stanford. Which ultimately means we'll win 23 games and make the tourney.
The one thing we can always count on is that we'll finish higher in the Pac-12 standings that the preseason media vote puts us. Every single year, Tad outperforms the outside expectations.

The one thing we can always count on is that we'll finish higher in the Pac-12 standings that the preseason media vote puts us. Every single year, Tad outperforms the outside expectations.
I feel the same way but looking back, it was less pronounced than I expected:
YearProjectedActualDifference
201926-4
201657-2
2014310-7
201335-2

On one hand, I could say that only 60% of the time have we outperformed the media expectations. Instead I'll point out that in 4 of the last 5 seasons we were better and in some cases (2020) the difference was significant.

Back