What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Matches thread- #17 soccer hosts Oregon (Thurs.,10/3, 3:30) and OSU (Sunday, 2:00)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Keep the winning ways going Buffs!

Preview (and video segment) -

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2019/10/2/soccer-buffs-back-at-home-for-two.aspx

"
BOULDER – The Colorado soccer team jumped up seven spots this week in the United Soccer Coaches poll. The Buffaloes enter the week at No. 17 in the nation, hosting Oregon and Oregon State this weekend.

Colorado is getting contributions from all over the field this season. Senior Taylor Kornieck leads the squad with her 21 points. She starts the weekend tied with former Buff Nikki Marshall for CU's all-time career points lead (93).

"It means the world to me [tying the record]," Kornieck commented. "Honestly, I'm just focusing on one game at a time. I just want to make sure I help the team as best as I can to make the tournament."

The Buffs open the Pac-12 home slate on Thursday (3:30 p.m.) against Oregon. The Ducks are 4-2-3 this season overall and 0-1-0 in the Pac-12. Oregon fell 2-1 to Washington last week. The Ducks have wins over Portland State, Villanova, Furman and Buffalo this season.

Oregon State (8-1-0, 0-1-0) suffered its first loss of the season last week at Washington State. The Beavers, under new head coach Matt Kagan, are receiving votes in the United Soccer Coaches poll. OSU has surrendered just five goals this season, outscoring its opponents 22-5.

Vuvuzelas will be handed out to fans before the Oregon match. The game will also be streamed on Facebook Live. Sunday will be another Sunday Funday against Oregon State. There will be inflatables and other activities for kids. Sunday will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks.
"

Match notes - https://cubuffs.com/documents/2019/10/2//Week_7.pdf

Match Media links -
Live video -

Vs.Oregon (Thursday, 3:30 PM MT) : Will be viewable via a free live stream available at https://pac-12.com/live/pac-12-plus (as well I assume somewhere on the Pac 12 App?).

Vs. OSU (Sunday, 2:00 PM MT) : Match is being shown live on the Pac 12 Mountain and Oregon channels. For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to either of those Pac 12 channels, assume the match can also be streamed through a link at https://pac-12.com/womens-soccer/event/2019/10/06/oregon-state-colorado .

Live stats (Both matches) - https://cubuffs.com/sidearmstats/wsoc/summary

Last edited:
A couple interviews/ reviews/ previews featuring Buff players and Coach Sanchez-

1570070268152.png

Looks like the Buffs need to win both these games if they want to finish in the top half of the conference this season.

11 min in and the Buffs are up 1-0. Just started watching so not sure who got the goal (off to check Twitter)

Edit - what Aztec said

Buffs hit one off the post late in the 1st OT, but it doesn't go in and goalie is able to corral it.

We're going to OT #2.

Was at the match - starting with the second half. Buffs were up 1-0 and in complete control. Libby scored the second goal and it looked like they would cruise as at that point Oregon had no shots on goal. It started to unravel when CU failed to clear the ball and OU took advantage. From that point on Oregon had momentum in regulation and obviously capitalized for the game tying goal.

In regulation CU had an apparent goal called back by some sort of foul. In OT they had their chances as well.

As stated in the previous post, that was not a good outcome for the Buffs. They were the superior team but couldn't hold the lead on their home field.

disappointing game. somebody besides Taylor needs to step up and score goals. They had chances but did not convert. Need to win against Oregon st.

It's 0-1 at the half.

My perception is the Buffs had the run of play early, but it was pretty 50-50 the last 30-35 minutes.

Was at the match. CU had all the possession in the first 15 minutes and had nothing to show for it. As the game progressed OSU got themselves a bit more possession and once they had a decent chance were able to take advantage.

Nice work by Ferry and Te Barton to get the equalizer. Unfortunately, the Beavers were able to get a player 1 v 1 versus a Buff defender and she turned and scored.

Although CU had more possession I thought OSU was the better team. When they had the ball in the Buffs penalty area (which didn't happen often) they were clinical with it. The Buffs, on the other hand, were predictable which limited the number of shots that had a chance to get goals.

Back