What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Game Thread: Buffs vs. Da Bears

Scotch

Club Member
Junta Member
Buffs vs. the Bears

Tip:
12pm

TV:
Pac-12 Net

Radio: 850 KOA and 94.1 FM

Preview:
http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/3/...r-buffs-celebrate-senior-day.aspx?path=mbball

The Buffs can claim the 7 seed in the Pac-12 tourney with a win today and an ASU loss. ASU has in-state rival Arizona at home. The Bears are tied with Utah for the 4 seed, and I'm not sure what the tiebreaker looks like should they both win today, but needless to say the Bears need a win in Boulder.

Its senior day for 4 players: XJ, Wes, Fortune, and White.

Although the sample size is small for White, I believe he's one of the best players we've seen in a Buffs uniform. The dude can play ball.

GO BUFFS!!!

44 points with 3:12 to play. Pathetic. I'm ready for this season to end.

If I'm an NBA team I'm taking a real hard look at Derrick White. He could be this year's Malcolm Brogdon.
That shot he hit, 35 ft., at the shot clock buzzer, with a guy in his face and up by, what, three, is what stars do. You could see the Cal players deflate. He has the "it factor" going, for sure. If I was an NBA GM, I'd think long and hard about this guy.

That shot he hit, 35 ft., at the shot clock buzzer, with a guy in his face and up by, what, three, is what stars do. You could see the Cal players deflate. He has the "it factor" going, for sure. If I was an NBA GM, I'd think long and hard about this guy.

Derrick White has been the star for CU this year, no doubt. But the really attractive thing about him as an NBA prospect, especially as a possible second round guy, is that he doesn't have to be a star. He does all the little things really well. He's a great passer, will be able to guard a lot of 1's and 2's at the next level, rebounds well for his position. There are teams that already have stars, but need a solid role guy/glue guy who works hard, has a great attitude and can contribute across the stat sheet. Derrick White can do it all: 3 and D, secondary ball-handler -- and like you pointed out DBT -- make a clutch play. The only major knock on Derrick as a prospect is age. But Malcolm Brogdon is 24 and he is contributing right now for a playoff contending team with a good shot at winning rookie of the year.

Happy for the win but It wasn't a "complete" tadball game, right? We lost the glass (I know this is quibbling given cal's fg%).

I heard it somewhere recently (may have been right here) that the NIT won't take a team who finished under .500 in their conference, despite its overall record. Can someone who knows here please tell me:

1) is that true?
2) and if so, does that mean regular season ... or does it include conference tournament games?

TIA

I heard it somewhere recently (may have been right here) that the NIT won't take a team who finished under .500 in their conference, despite its overall record. Can someone who knows here please tell me:

1) is that true?
2) and if so, does that mean regular season ... or does it include conference tournament games?

TIA
No, they take a lot of teams at or just below .500 in conference every year. For example, Alabama and FSU both made it last year with 8 - 10 records in conference.

No, they take a lot of teams at or just below .500 in conference every year. For example, Alabama and FSU both made it last year with 8 - 10 records in conference.
I would think that closing the second half of the season 8-3 would help our case too; plus the W over Oregon.

#Tadball is not gorgeous when it means complete incompetence on the offensive end. I love defense and rebounding and do think that part of #tadball is wonderful, but the coaching staff really needs to hire an offensive mind. Long periods of offensive stagnation and ridiculous set plays have been a hallmark of Tad's tenure. Sure, that shot by White was amazing, but why the hell were we in that situation to begin with?

Wish I could figure out this team. Inconsistent in the OOC but showed they could beat some good teams, also stunk against some not so good teams.

The 0-7 conference start had me almost giving them up entirely this year then they suddenly started looking like the team we thought they would be before the season.

They have the talent to upset some people in the conference tourney, do they have the leadership? They have shown enough lately for me to hold out hope, which will probably be crushed and lead into an off-season thinking about what could have been.

@Daaah is right on though, Tad needs to hire somebody who can bring the offense up to PAC12 level on a somewhat consistent basis. Ever since Tad has been here we have all been seeing the same thing, long stretches when we look like we have no idea that we are supposed to put the ball in the basket. No matter how good your defense is other teams at this level are going to score at least some of the time, we can't just give up stretches of games to opponents.

Wish I could figure out this team. Inconsistent in the OOC but showed they could beat some good teams, also stunk against some not so good teams.

The 0-7 conference start had me almost giving them up entirely this year then they suddenly started looking like the team we thought they would be before the season.

They have the talent to upset some people in the conference tourney, do they have the leadership? They have shown enough lately for me to hold out hope, which will probably be crushed and lead into an off-season thinking about what could have been.

@Daaah is right on though, Tad needs to hire somebody who can bring the offense up to PAC12 level on a somewhat consistent basis. Ever since Tad has been here we have all been seeing the same thing, long stretches when we look like we have no idea that we are supposed to put the ball in the basket. No matter how good your defense is other teams at this level are going to score at least some of the time, we can't just give up stretches of games to opponents.
Sounds to me like you've got this team completely figured out - inconsistent. Not consistently bad, not consistently good. In a tournament inconsistency is a killer - one bad night and you're gone. In addition to the fact that you'll be playing some pretty good teams pretty quickly, and there will be no games at CEC. I'll be surprised if we win more than one game in either the P12 or NIT, if we get in.

Hopefully, I'll be surprised.

#Tadball is not gorgeous when it means complete incompetence on the offensive end. I love defense and rebounding and do think that part of #tadball is wonderful, but the coaching staff really needs to hire an offensive mind. Long periods of offensive stagnation and ridiculous set plays have been a hallmark of Tad's tenure. Sure, that shot by White was amazing, but why the hell were we in that situation to begin with?

Great post!! (y)

Of course I say that because I couldn't agree with it more ... which is let's face it, is the principle criterion on which I base my evaluation of the quality of posts.

But then ... don't we all?

Back