What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Week 17 (Feb 26th - Mar 4th)

I would think that VT is a lock for the tourney now. They're guaranteed of a winning record in conference play and have wins over Duke, Clemson, and UNC plus that monster win at UVA, the only team to win in Charlottesville this year.
I think you're right, and certainly hope so. Although, every Hokie hoops fan learned during the Seth Greenberg years, "you can't spell 'Virginia Tech' without N.I.T."

OMG! What a finish by UVA! Heartbreaker for Louisville (or choke, if you prefer)

ugly ugly finish to a fun game. Airball from WSU, then Oregon's PG misses the back end of a 1 and 1, then Flynn the Buffalo killer misses the back end of a one and one.

Oregon loses. Bubble popper?

ugly ugly finish to a fun game. Airball from WSU, then Oregon's PG misses the back end of a 1 and 1, then Flynn the Buffalo killer misses the back end of a one and one.

Probably. Also helped CU quite a bit since we played Wazzu twice and one of our worst losses was the road game at their place. Ducks dropped below us in RPI with that loss while Wazzu jumped up to #160. If that 160 or better holds (probably need to beat OSU in the finale), then our home win is a Quad 3 instead of a Quad 4 and the resume looks a little better. Our road loss to them was already in Quad 3.

Winning on the road is hard

This is a great tweet by Gottlieb. I have no idea why more teams don't run a soft press against programs like Wisconsin, UVA and others who play at a slow tempo with a very efficient offense. Don't let them get into their damn offense until there's under 20 seconds left on the shot clock. You can do that without running a risky pressure that exposes you to easy baskets. The idea isn't to create turnovers. The idea is to speed them up and avoid late clock breakdowns by your defense.

Pitt went 0-18 in ACC? Mostly blow outs too. That is incredible, WTF happen to them?

Kansas won their 14th straight Big 12 title. Seems like an impossible streak, I doubt we'll ever see a team from a power 5 conference do that ever again.

Nebraska went 22-9 and will probably make the tourney, how depressing.

Pitt went 0-18 in ACC? Mostly blow outs too. That is incredible, WTF happen to them?

Kansas won their 14th straight Big 12 title. Seems like an impossible streak, I doubt we'll ever see a team from a power 5 conference do that ever again.

Dixon went to TCU. But the bottom shouldn't have fallen out that badly. Unreal.

Dixon went to TCU. But the bottom shouldn't have fallen out that badly. Unreal.

Dixon felt forced to do that-I think he wanted an extension from Pitt, and they chose not to give him one (He turned TCU down once in the past already). Pitt hired Kevin Stallings.........LOL

Last edited:
Michigan leads by 14 with under 9 minutes remaining. (y)
c8c45f6e-c460-427d-9107-b3bfbb4c4c54.jpg

Kevin Stallings was about to get fired at Vandy when Pitt inexplicably hired him. Since
assistant Dan Muller left Vandy, things have gone South for Kevin. He might be too hard-nosed for the current college climate.

bracketmatrix.com has a compilation of all the projected brackets out there and going into today's game Nebraska was only in the tournament in 8 out of 81 brackets. While a loss to Michigan on a neutral court is hardly a bad loss, they are severely lacking in big wins going 1-4 against the top 4 in the Big 10 and also lost to a couple of other good teams they played, Creighton and Kansas. They might have a good conference record but there's really nothing else there.

This Big 10 tournament quarter between Penn State and Ohio State has been pretty good, plus there's the added bonus of having Gus Johnson on the call

This Big 10 tournament quarter between Penn State and Ohio State has been pretty good, plus there's the added bonus of having Gus Johnson on the call
We want Ohio State to hold on. PSU is behind us in RPI at #81. They jump us with a win.

We want Ohio State to hold on. PSU is behind us in RPI at #81. They jump us with a win.

PSU wins 69-68. With a win over Purdue tomorrow in the semi's PSU could enter the bubble discussion but they likely need to win this tournament to get into the big dance.

PSU wins 69-68. With a win over Purdue tomorrow in the semi's PSU could enter the bubble discussion but they likely need to win this tournament to get into the big dance.
I think they're in if they beat Purdue. But if they lose they're going to fall back to about RPI 80 and that's not gonna do it.

College Game Day just came on from Durham.

UNC and Duke playing today. Last 100 meetings: 50 wins each with only 7 points separating them (in Duke's favor). Hands down the best rivalry in all of sports.

Watching the WVU at UT game right now. It always surprises me, watching UT, that Shaka hasn't been able to bring that frenetic action and aggression his teams had at VCU to the Longhorns. They're a decent team, but they don't have that identity.

Back