What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Norvell - HC Memphis

dio

Admin
Club Member
Junta Member
usa_today_10373025.0.jpg

Organization: University of Memphis

Current Position: Head Coach

Former Positions:
2006Central Arkansas (GA)
2007–2008Tulsa (GA/WR)
2009Tulsa (PGC/WR)
2010Tulsa (PGC/WR/DR)
2011Pittsburgh (Co-OC/WR/DR)
2012–2013Arizona State (OC/QB)
2014–2015Arizona State (AHC/OC/QB)
2016–presentMemphis
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Record and Awards:
Overall25–12
Bowls0–2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Notable Recruits:

Manny Wilkins - QB (4*)
Dillon Sterling-Cole - QB (4*)

Coaching Notes:

hmm

he took over for Justin Fuente at Memphis, so not a dumpster fire. Was looking really good last year, but not so hot this year. Losses to UCF and Mizzou are understandable, losses to Navy and Tulane not so much.

semi firm no

I'd have jumped on this guy had we been looking last year-when we're the belle of the ball? No. We could more than double Jimmy Lake's salary and get him for less than Norvell makes right now.

Last edited:
I thought about Mike Norvell for a minute this season, after the OSU collapse debacle, but it seems like the tires are starting to go bald at Memphis.

In the preseason, if you'd told me we could get Norvell as our HC for 2019 I'd have been stoked. Now he doesn't excite me so much. Nature of the beast with the "hot young coach" a lot of times.

In the preseason, if you'd told me we could get Norvell as our HC for 2019 I'd have been stoked. Now he doesn't excite me so much. Nature of the beast with the "hot young coach" a lot of times.

it's a good lesson that more often than not, the hot coaching candidates don't work out. Nature of the beast

Now that he's won 4 straight, including a dominant win against Houston this week to win his AAC division, does Norvell become a candidate of interest if he takes down UCF in the conference championship?

Now that he's won 4 straight, including a dominant win against Houston this week to win his AAC division, does Norvell become a candidate of interest if he takes down UCF in the conference championship?
Going to be hard to ignore if he does, but will come w an asterisk without Milton

I like Norvell, he is good coach, but I think he and Chip Long were a great team.

Catch 22 here, the both we're good at ASU and moved to Memphis together. Norvell has been the guy with decent success and Long has been the #2 with great success.

Back