What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New 2018 commit coming

Nice arm, quick release, looks like prototypical Texas Tech qb. Always nice to get a Valor grad.

I still want the kid from Bishop Gorman.

There's gotta be some real talent here if he is rated a 3 star and he was a backup? Good to see us lock down colorado.

History question for you guys. So I have this memory of Chris Guarnero (sp?) committing to GB back in the day, and he was our first commit for the new class shortly after signing day. My memory may be fuzzy or just clear wrong, but I want to say that at the time, Chris committed to the Buffs on the first day HS underclassmen could commit to a school. I know that sounds odd, because how can the NCAA restrict when a kid decides to give a non-binding, verbal agreement to attend a school. However, that's my memory...

Was there ever a rule or mandate in place that said HS juniors could not commit to a school until such-and-such a date? When did that change, where we now see kids commit to schools early all the time?

History question for you guys. So I have this memory of Chris Guarnero (sp?) committing to GB back in the day, and he was our first commit for the new class shortly after signing day. My memory may be fuzzy or just clear wrong, but I want to say that at the time, Chris committed to the Buffs on the first day HS underclassmen could commit to a school. I know that sounds odd, because how can the NCAA restrict when a kid decides to give a non-binding, verbal agreement to attend a school. However, that's my memory...

Was there ever a rule or mandate in place that said HS juniors could not commit to a school until such-and-such a date? When did that change, where we now see kids commit to schools early all the time?

I've seen players verbally committed their freshman year in high school, so I don't know that there's a rule here. There is a rule about when official offers can be extended in writing (beginning of senior year), but tons of guys commit before that.

Closest rule I can think of would be that football coaches can't initiate contact a recruit BY PHONE until their junior year; but they can mail them earlier (and even offer a scholarship offer earlier.) But I can't recall that the NCAA restricted a student-athlete's ability to commit to a school, nor could they restrict a high school student-athlete from calling the coach or anyone on the coaching staff. There are restrictions on coaches visiting a recruit's High School in person as well, but can't recall anything about age limits on commitments. And high school athletes can visit the college campus any time, same as you and me.

This sort of straddled the weasel's and Barnett's time at CU, but I remember reading that Goff offered Champ Bailey a UGA scholarship when he was in 6th or 7th grade, and that Champ was a verbal commitment from that point forward.

And speaking of early recruiting of Georgia kids named Bailey, anyone notice the string of offers the 2020 GA QB has? As of July, the kid hadn't played a down of HS football and already had offers from Bama, LSU, UGA, UF, and Ole Miss...

This sort of straddled the weasel's and Barnett's time at CU, but I remember reading that Goff offered Champ Bailey a UGA scholarship when he was in 6th or 7th grade, and that Champ was a verbal commitment from that point forward.

And speaking of early recruiting of Georgia kids named Bailey, anyone notice the string of offers the 2020 GA QB has? As of July, the kid hadn't played a down of HS football and already had offers from Bama, LSU, UGA, UF, and Ole Miss...
Unpossible. I have it good authority that top 20 programs don't do that.

Back