What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

O-line recruiting

i cant remember a time when we have been so strong and so deep at OL. The guys coming in might push for some early playing time. This class is sick. Put Falo in this class and we have a complete offense recruited. Unbelievable.
Yeah - it's ridiculous. Our offense is going to be lights out.

It is possible to have too many OL. Much more than about 18 or 19 and you start having issues with depth at other positions.
Still a far cry from a few years ago when we couldn't field two complete OL units for a spring game.

It is possible to have too many OL. Much more than about 18 or 19 and you start having issues with depth at other positions.
Still a far cry from a few years ago when we couldn't field two complete OL units for a spring game.

With the combination of EE, RS, and maybe a GS it will balance out.

With the combination of EE, RS, and maybe a GS it will balance out.
Oh, I'm not concerned about it now. I do think about guys like Isaac Miller who have put in a lot of work and done their time and might not see much playing time. Guys who could start at a place like CSU or Wyoming and might get pushed down the depth chart here. That's insane when you stop to consider what our OL situation was like just a couple years ago.
Even coming into this year, the thought was that we hadn't recruited well enough at the position. We had numbers, but quality depth was lacking. My how things have changed in the last three months.

Oh, I'm not concerned about it now. I do think about guys like Isaac Miller who have put in a lot of work and done their time and might not see much playing time. Guys who could start at a place like CSU or Wyoming and might get pushed down the depth chart here. That's insane when you stop to consider what our OL situation was like just a couple years ago.
Even coming into this year, the thought was that we hadn't recruited well enough at the position. We had numbers, but quality depth was lacking. My how things have changed in the last three months.

After watching Isaac Miller int he spring game before he went down, he isn't one of the guys that won't get playing time. He is going to be just fine. But generally speaking you're right. There is going to be a lot more competition and depth won't be an issue for years.

I wouldn't jump to many conclusions.

I suspect most of these guys are going to get their opportunity.

I wouldn't jump to many conclusions.

I suspect most of these guys are going to get their opportunity.
I'm not really jumpin to conclusions, merely looking at what is coming in compared to what is here. I agree the guys already here have an advantage because they know the system, their assignments, etc. At some point, raw athletic talent will catch up with experience. I used Miller as an example, but it could just as easily be Lisella or any of the guys who are just starting to come around.
This isn't a bad problem, btw. I'm not complaining if you thought I was. My point is that there are guys in the OL who we thought would be 2-3 year starters and might not play too much based on the level of guys coming in this class.

You have been saying this since the Jayshon Sykes days.

Syko: "decent class but where are the DTs?"

Well, we've seen this defense when our front is weak, it's not a good look. Someone has to be "that guy" , I enjoy the responsibility.

Back