What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-10 not waiting for Big Ten move

RSSBot

News Junkie
The Big Ten's move to expand could set off a chain reaction that forever shifts the landscape of college athletics. But the other conference possibly looking to invite members, the Pac-10, isn't waiting for the minds in the Midwest to make themselves up before it makes a move.

"I don't know when the Big Ten might decide what they're going to do, but it's not going to affect our timing," Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott told the Boulder Daily Camera. "We could very well decide before they decide. They might decide before us. I don't know and I don't think it matters in terms of what we're going to do."

Scott repeatedly declined to comment specifically on schools or hypothetical situations, but Big 12 member Colorado is among a handful of schools mentioned as candidates for Pac-10 membership.

Scott sees the Big Ten's activity as independent of the Pac-10's, but an early move by the Big Ten could change that quickly.

"I don't see what the Big Ten does that is going to tangibly affect us or our analysis of options," Scott said. "It may be different for other conferences or schools, but we're looking at expansion to the extent it could add value for our conference, and that really hasn't changed."

Any concrete expansion talks are still premature, and any talk of SEC expansion has been reactionary to other conference's possible moves, but if Texas eventually fields overtures from the SEC, the Big 12 could be the only major conference being pulled in three separate directions.

More...

Back