What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Let's say the P12 & MWC merge with the intent of having one football conference for the schools that take the sport seriously and another for schools that prioritize basketball over football. Relegation would be applied in this case depending on the length of the media rights contract. All other sports under the Super West banner.

PAC: Washington, Oregon, Boise State, Frenso State, SDSU, ASU, Utah, CU, and AFA.
MWC: Hawaii, WSU, OSU, Cal, Stanford, SJSU, UNR, UNLV, Arizona, Utah State, Wyoming, CSU, and UNM.

Basketball for example would have 22 conference games. Each school would have one rival that would be a round robin thing and it has to be the conference opener and last conference game. CU's would be CSU in that case. That means CU would face every other team just once every season which would add to the intrigue of games like that. Mid week games would be against the schools that are more geographically closer while weekend games would be against teams that are more geographically distinct.

I know...obligatory post with conference set ups. :LOL:

Given we have 2 sources here that have confirmed CU's move to the Big 12 it seems very odd that the board meeting for tomorrow morning was cancelled. Just a timing issue?

I have thought either tomorrow or the 16th would be a reasonable date to expect a resolution. If the P12 is truly interested in SDSU, then something will have to happen before July 1st. My concern is that the Big 12 swoops in and nabs SDSU & UNLV and that could really kneecap the P12 when it comes to recruiting.

it's amazing how often I hear some form of that statement in my business from customers.

I was fortunate enough to take the Karrass negotiation class. Avoiding those "self limiting" comments was one of the most strongly emphasized points.

to be clear, I wasn't trying to say the money gave the XII the most leverage, but it does give them leverage.

tangent: I was a bit of a dick during one of the group exercises at the Karrass training, but I still smile when I think about it.

two groups, mine was buying raw plastic resin, the other was selling resin. Both were given a sheet of common baseline information, as well as points specific for our side that the other didn't have.

one piece of common information was "the deal must be for 200,000lbs of resin. you get no credit if the negotiated agreement is for less than that"

we had 15 minutes to negotiate a deal. I was lead negotiator for my group, and my opening statement was "I'm very interested in purchasing 100,000lbs of resin"

the faces of the other side were aghast. the sheet clearly said the deal must be for 200k lbs. they knew (or least really thought they knew) that my sheet said the same thing.

I made them spend over 10 minutes negotiating me up to a purchase of the full 200k lbs. "what?!?!? you want me to sole source my resin? there's no way we can take that business risk!" By the time I finally agreed to purchase the full amount, they had spent all their leverage and had no ammo left to move me on price.

my team had the lowest purchasing price of any group in the class, the next lowest price paid was 3x ours.

When the instructor dug into how we got there, she initially was less then impressed and gave me a damning look, but told me afterwards that I was the first participant to ever think of that strategy and that she had to admit it was a really good one.
What year was this?

Let's say the P12 & MWC merge with the intent of having one football conference for the schools that take the sport seriously and another for schools that prioritize basketball over football. Relegation would be applied in this case depending on the length of the media rights contract. All other sports under the Super West banner.

PAC: Washington, Oregon, Boise State, Frenso State, SDSU, ASU, Utah, CU, and AFA.
MWC: Hawaii, WSU, OSU, Cal, Stanford, SJSU, UNR, UNLV, Arizona, Utah State, Wyoming, CSU, and UNM.

Basketball for example would have 22 conference games. Each school would have one rival that would be a round robin thing and it has to be the conference opener and last conference game. CU's would be CSU in that case. That means CU would face every other team just once every season which would add to the intrigue of games like that. Mid week games would be against the schools that are more geographically closer while weekend games would be against teams that are more geographically distinct.

You've been waiting to post this since you found this thread. I applaud your patience even if this idea is dumber than a Nebraskan butthole

Angry I Hate You GIF

Whew missed a couple days and there’s a lot of “confirmation” plus some scoop only for a kick in the nuts that we might not find out this week.

Also how are some of you taking it when you drop an MLA format essay in this thread only to get no rep

You easily admitted to wearing the hat. Makes me wonder what you would deny.

Don't worry...once CU whoops the Huskers this fall, I'm going to get the person a CU hat to wear and some CU golf balls as an added bonus.

Come on, just make this move to the Big 12 official once and for all. Seems like we're losing a little bit of momentum with the regents meeting inexplicably cancelled and now Howell is shilling for the Pac12.

Come on, just make this move to the Big 12 official once and for all. Seems like we're losing a little bit of momentum with the regents meeting inexplicably cancelled and now Howell is shilling for the Pac12.
I think Liver is right and ADRG is still negotiating for the best deal possible with both the Pac and the XII. Unless there's some time limitation I'm not aware of, I have to support a slow deliberate process here.

I think Liver is right and ADRG is still negotiating for the best deal possible with both the Pac and the XII. Unless there's some time limitation I'm not aware of, I have to support a slow deliberate process here.
B12 says July 1 (in one previous report). Not sure if true.

How confident are you with the PAC finding a deal worth signing?
This is and has always been the key.

I think OU/WA were holding out for unequal revenue, and CU was playing hardball. Kind of a coincidence that the regents meeting was cancelled the same time as the PAC12 announced they had agreed to equal revenue sharing.

I think OU/WA were holding out for unequal revenue, and CU was playing hardball. Kind of a coincidence that the regents meeting was cancelled the same time as the PAC12 announced they had agreed to equal revenue sharing.
It's not over. Colorado can still easily be headed on a trajectory towards the Big12. It's all on GK to pull a rabbit out of his ass.

Equal revenue sharing means nothing when by all reports the revenue offered in the tv deal sucks.

Back