What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12's thread - Women's bball at the 2020 Championships in Vegas (Round 1 vs. USC, Thurs., 7:00 PM MT)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Wishing only the best to the team as they get a quick chance to avenge their last loss, as they've drawn the Trojans, who defeated them in L.A. last Sunday, in the 1st round of the 2020 Pac 12 Championships in Las Vegas.

GO BUFFS!!!

Preview -

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2020/3/4/womens-basketball-cu-opens-pac-12-tournament-on-thursday.aspx

"
LAS VEGAS – A new season begins for the Colorado women's basketball team on Thursday. The Buffaloes wipe the slate clean and start anew taking on seventh-seeded Southern California to open the Pac-12 Tournament at Mandalay Bay Events Center.

"Our team, as a whole, was very disappointed with Sunday's outcome" head coach JR Payne noted. "I think they are excited about the opportunity. We are such a young team they have this exuberance about them. The team is excited to get on the plane and head to Vegas. They see it as postseason play and not just another game. I think we are excited about that opportunity

Colorado, the tournament's 10th seed, wrapped up the regular season with a 16-13 record and a 5-13 Pac-12 record. It's the third time in the last four years CU has posted a 5-13 conference finish.

CU's matchup with the Trojans will be the second in six days. The Buffs fell to USC on Sunday, 66-55, in Los Angeles before returning to Boulder on Sunday night. Colorado won the first meeting in Boulder, 66-53.

"I think having just played USC it makes our adjustments a bit easier," Payne explained. "It had been such a long time since we played USC [between first and second games]. When we saw them last weekend, they were so much different than the first game, in a good way for them. They are playing tremendous basketball and Mark [Trakh] does such a great job with them. It's great to get another chance to play them. A lot of times when you lose a game you don't get another chance to play that team for a while. We are thankful to have another opportunity."

The Buffaloes are 6-8 all-time at the Pac-12 Tournament. CU's last win came in the first round of the 2018 tournament. The ninth-seeded Buffs advanced with a 66-56 win over Utah. CU is 1-1 in the tournament as the No. 10 seed. The Buffs were also the 10th seed in 2012.

Tip-off against USC is set for 7 p.m. MT. The game will be carried across the Pac-12 Networks. Mary Murphy and Krista Blunk will have the call. Jill Savage will be on the sidelines. Fans can also listen along with the TuneIn app and the Colorado Radio Network.
"

Media links:
Live video -
Game is being shown live on the Pac 12 Mountain, Arizona, Washington and L.A. channels. For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to any of those Pac 12 channels, assume the game can also be streamed through a link at https://pac-12.com/womens-basketball/event/2020/03/05/colorado-vs-usc .

Live Audio - ??? or https://tunein.com/radio/Colorado-Womens-Basketball-s308228/.

Game Notes - https://cubuffs.com/documents/2020/3/3//Pac_12_1.pdf

Live stats -
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=309303&confid=p12

From what I can see, this is the only tournament game not be shown on Pac 12 National. Since that is what I get, this does not make me happy.

would like to see the team get 1 win in the tourney. I am not too optimistic but I would love to see it

Almost game time. (Looks like the Buffs are back to their "normal" starting lineup after a couple changes in last Sunday's game.)

It's all tied up as the Buffs overcome 1st quarter (esp. offensive) issues (they were down 11-18 at the end of that quarter) so that it's 32 all at the half.

Keep the momentum going Buffs!

Buffs down 3 (46-49) going into the 4th quarter.

A great offensive rebounding effort by the Buffs (they're up 15-0 in 2nd chance points) has helped make up for a BIG shooting discrepancy (the Buffs are at 35% vs. 57% for the trojans).

This one got away late, as usc's good shooting all night went great at the end (they hit 9 out of their last 10, most decently defended) while the Buffs didn't score a field goal the last 5:33 of the game. 54-69 is the final.

Not that it was the difference maker, but the refs were (expectedly?) Bad bad. Hollingshead was mugged every rebound and no call. A fast break where their center walked through sherrod when she was dribbling.
Bad 4th q to lose this one, but a lot of promise throughout the season, and most of it returning next year

If this coaching staff can't figure out how to guard the 3 point shot, the results for the team will be similar next year.

That said, I thought Mya, Peanut, Q and Jaylyn all played well.

Out coached again- allow a team with no bench to sit back in a zone the entire second half and then switch into a zone yourself when aggressive man to man is what got you back into the game, makes no sense. Sherrod continues to lead the team in shots while shooting 20% over the last 8 to 10 games. Tured of getting out coached and out played

Back