What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PAC12 Schedule

Except that they haven't really offered it yet. The only communication I have from that is that they intended to offer those options and that was back in May or thereabouts. We still haven't heard the official plan for the season and they certainly have not called about it.

Doesn't Polis/CDPHE get some say here too?

I'll probably opt out to show I don't support this process or (lack of a) "plan". If more time was allowed to evaluate, then it may have been a different choice.

It's not a big deal, even though it's at the highest level, but I assume they won't refund or rollover the "contribution" that's needed to be paid just for the privilege of buying tickets.

The email from CU to season ticket holders leaves a lot to be desired. It leaves certain questions unanswered.

First, let’s say I just put off my tickets until 2021 (the way I am leaning) and they come up with a Spring 2021 schedule, can I just change my mind and apply the balance to Spring 2021 and get my seats? I would assume the answer is yes, but the email is silent on that (I was a tweet saying that this would be an option, but I would not rely on a dodgy tweet).

Second, it is an absolute certainty that if there is football in the fall, and if there are crowds, they will be greatly reduced. How will CU decide who gets tickets? And if they do, where will people get seats? Would season ticket holders at the very least get seats close to their normal seats? Would it be festival seating?

Assuming that Fall 2020 electees are shut out of some games due to limited attendance, how will that be credited?

I sent an email asking these questions. Waiting to see.

Doesn't Polis/CDPHE get some say here too?
That was covered in the email. Full text for the curious:
Dear AeroBuff99,
We are pleased to share that we are actively planning to welcome fans to games at Folsom Field this season should local public health conditions allow. CU Athletics continues to stay in close contact with campus, state and local health officials for guidance on capacity for the upcoming 2020 football season. We are developing plans to adhere to physical distancing and reduced capacity guidelines inside the stadium. The health, safety and wellness of our student-athletes, coaches, staff and fans remains our number one priority; as new information becomes available, our plans will be adjusted as necessary.
Below are some game day protocols we are preparing for the 2020 season if fans are able to attend:

Face Masks: We expect that all fans will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the football game.
Game Day Traditions: Tailgating, the Buff Walk, Ralphie’s Corral and Franklin Field will be significantly limited and potentially removed altogether as a result of physical distancing guidelines.
Folsom Field Amenities/Public Spaces: Concession stands, restrooms, elevators and other public gathering spaces throughout the stadium and surrounding area will adapt to follow physical distancing guidelines and capacity will be limited.
Seating: Reduced capacity and physical distancing will be implemented. We will inform you of the capacity that will be allowed, contingent upon the public health guidance we receive, in the coming days.

We are asking season ticket holders to indicate whether you will attend games during the 2020 season if fans are permitted in Folsom Field. The following options are currently available to all season ticket holders for the 2020 season. These flexible options are being offered to all season ticket holders who have renewed to address any possible concerns and unknowns related to COVID-19. Your decision will not affect your ability to maintain your seat location for the 2021 season and your season ticket tenure and Buff Club Priority Points will remain intact. Season ticket holders must complete the 2020 INTENT FORM, no later than Friday, Aug. 14 at 4 p.m. MDT.
  • Option 1 – Opt-In for the 2020 season
  • Option 2 – Opt-Out of the 2020 season and convert payments to the Buff Club’s Student-Athlete Excellence Fund (tax-deductible)
  • Option 3 – Opt-Out of the 2020 season and rollover to the 2021 season
  • Option 4 – Opt-Out of the 2020 season and receive full refund

Please click the button below to indicate your intent for the 2020 season. Once you submit your choice, a CU Athletic department representative will reach out to complete this process.​
INTENT FORM​
The deadline to make your selection is Friday, Aug. 14, and you can expect that we will follow-up with you shortly thereafter once we have received all responses. We understand this is a lot of information to review. Please contact the CU Ticket Office at 303-492-8337 or email cutix@colorado.edu should you have any questions. Our hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.​

I just spoke to CU Athletics, and got some additional information.

Once they figure out how many people will be allowed at games, they will design a seating map for the stadium. Their plan is to divide people so that you won’t have people in the rows in front or below you (I guess by a few seats) or next to you on either side. Once they figure this out and know how many people opt in for ‘20, they will offer opt-ins available seats. Per CU, if you don’t like what they offer you, they will let you push over to ‘21.

If you opt for ‘21, you can put your Buff Club donation to ‘21 as wall (i.e. you won’t have to make a ‘20 Buff Club donation, but you can if you want, obviously).

You can switch to Spring if they move the schedule an you opted for ‘21.

I just spoke to CU Athletics, and got some additional information.

Once they figure out how many people will be allowed at games, they will design a seating map for the stadium. Their plan is to divide people so that you won’t have people in the rows in front or below you (I guess by a few seats) or next to you on either side. Once they figure this out and know how many people opt in for ‘20, they will offer opt-ins available seats. Per CU, if you don’t like what they offer you, they will let you push over to ‘21.

If you opt for ‘21, you can put your Buff Club donation to ‘21 as wall (i.e. you won’t have to make a ‘20 Buff Club donation, but you can if you want, obviously).

You can switch to Spring if they move the schedule an you opted for ‘21.
What an electric gameday atmosphere

Back