What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Parking for WBB game on Saturday?

BuffAlum2007

Haven't been back to Boulder in a while but dropping in on Saturday for the Utah game and I might take in the Omni Classic Buffs game on Saturday morning as well - how does parking work for that with the football game going on later that day? The CU parking site doesn't really address the basketball game at all ( http://www.colorado.edu/pts/athletic-events/football#Game-Day-Impacts-for-Saturday-11/26/16 ) so any tips or insight would be appreciated!

Haven't been back to Boulder in a while but dropping in on Saturday for the Utah game and I might take in the Omni Classic Buffs game on Saturday morning as well - how does parking work for that with the football game going on later that day? The CU parking site doesn't really address the basketball game at all ( http://www.colorado.edu/pts/athletic-events/football#Game-Day-Impacts-for-Saturday-11/26/16 ) so any tips or insight would be appreciated!
park on the hill or in the neighborhood just to the west of the Keg.

For an 11:00 AM game (that is 6 1/2 hours before kickoff), I would imagine that the usual parking options are in place.

For basketball and volleyball we normally park in lot 436 (surface lot north of the garage to the north of the CEC). When we were there on Sunday for the volleyball match, there was a sign that said the lot would be closed for 11/25 & 26 and that lot 327/C4C garage should be used. I have sent a question to WBB asking for clarification on parking for the Omni tourney games but haven't heard back yet. Hopefully they will respond or there will be parking info in the "game day itinerary" e-mail we usually get fin advance of each home game.

Sounds like the surface lot I usually use (436) will NOT be available for parking for any of the Omni games but that the garage just north of the CEC WILL be available. But since that garage is paid parking for the football game, on Saturday it might be something like you have to pay to get in but get your money back as long as you leave before the football game. If you stay for football, you have paid for the parking. There SHOULD be an official release coming out with some info.

Sounds like the surface lot I usually use (436) will NOT be available for parking for any of the Omni games but that the garage just north of the CEC WILL be available. But since that garage is paid parking for the football game, on Saturday it might be something like you have to pay to get in but get your money back as long as you leave before the football game. If you stay for football, you have paid for the parking. There SHOULD be an official release coming out with some info.

Thanks so much for the update, BeBe! Garage parking would be perfect...don't mind paying since I will be there all day...

Tailgating is winning over the Omni Classic. The Thanksgiving tournament has been going on over 30 years. Never has the time had to be changed or all these accommodations made. WBB parking should be in Lot 436 as usual. WBB only fans would be gone by time of football game.

Had this discussion more than once when volleyball conflicted. Been made to show my ticket more than once to park free, which is what it should be.

I get why the game will start early in the day on Saturday with the biggest football game in a long time at Folsom, but Friday at 11 am? That just doesn't make sense. I know a lot kids and adults have the day off, but . . .

I might take in the Omni Classic Buffs game on Saturday morning as well
I think you'll be proud of the WBB team. They'll work hard and have some serious talent in the back court. SMU should make for a challenging opponent.

I suspect the Friday games were moved to the early time slots so there would be the normal 20+ hours between games. I doubt they would want a team to finish playing a game at around 9:30 PM Friday then have to be back out on the court for a game at 11 AM on Saturday.
As for the Boston College vs SMU game, as of this morning's Massey Ratings, BC is favored at 59% to SMU 41%. So that could be an interesting game. I thought as you do Mark that SMU would be the favorite.

I suspect the Friday games were moved to the early time slots so there would be the normal 20+ hours between games
Makes sense. Not the optimal start times to get fannies in the seats, but let's hope that there will be a sold turnout anyway.

BC is favored at 59% to SMU 41%. So that could be an interesting game
Interesting, and I don't get it.
SMU:
upload_2016-11-24_13-27-48.png

BC:
upload_2016-11-24_13-28-52.png

With the BC losses, how could they be ranked above SMU?

So it appears parking for tomorrow is not affected and Saturday's parking is as usual when you show your ticket. What happens to people who haven't already purchased a ticket? That was my problem with the volleyball matches. I had a ticket but some of the traffic police would not let me through with a ticket. If they did that to me, I asked them to contact a supervisor, which always did the trick.

Parking ended up being a total non-issue - I showed up at the Regent garage around 10 am and told the guy I was there for basketball and football and he just waved me into the garage - they weren't charging at the time I arrived, though when I left Coors after the game they were charging $25 for garage parking...

Back