What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pat Fitzgerald- Northwestern

GoBuffs08

Club Member
Club Member
I head a rumor CU has reached out gauging interest.

GA assistant under Barnett and used to dealing with academic limitations on athletes being at Northwestern.

CU would need to have significant donations to deal with buyouts etc.

Northwestern’s my other team. Grew up watching Pat take the Cats to the Rose Bowl. He’s Royalty in Evanston and I can’t see him ever leaving. He bleeds purple and is beloved by fans. He’s also got serious flaws in offensive schemes and has a system that’s tailor made for the types of kids he can sell Northwestern to. Love the guy, but it’s a pass for me.

Not a good fit.

Just not sure he wants to "start over" like he would have to at CU. New conference, new recruiting base, new offense (or at least one would hope), new coaching staff, etc. Good coach, but just not a good fit for either side IMO.

Last edited:
Do you guys remember the agenda the NW alumni (seemingly half of the sports journalism world) had against Barnett for leaving? I swear "the scandal" was 50% or more because the media wanted to **** Gary over.

I'm cool with never going the "poach NW's coach" route ever again.

Do you guys remember the agenda the NW alumni (seemingly half of the sports journalism world) had against Barnett for leaving? I swear "the scandal" was 50% or more because the media wanted to **** Gary over.

I'm cool with never going the "poach NW's coach" route ever again.
You didn’t strike me as a conspiracy theory guy. People like sensational stories, especially ones involving sex. There was plenty of that, so it was a widely told story.

You didn’t strike me as a conspiracy theory guy. People like sensational stories, especially ones involving sex. There was plenty of that, so it was a widely told story.

Seriously though - there were guys with knives out for him who were NW grads. Maybe it was coincidence. Adam Schrager of 9 News, who seemed to have a particular obsession with the case, was a NW grad, for example.

Seriously though - there were guys with knives out for him who were NW grads. Maybe it was coincidence. Adam Schrager of 9 News, who seemed to have a particular obsession with the case, was a NW grad, for example.
It was a salacious story. That’s why they told it.

I can see the NW people being p****d. GB's turn around of NW was really nothing short of a miracle. They were even in a worse purgatory than the Buffs--for like 3 decades. At least the Buffs won 10 games in 2016. I think like year 2 or 3, they might have beat Notre Dame. Charlton Heston and an bunch of rich alums all of a sudden joined the fold. I think that really cemented NW as a viable football program. Fitzgerald has done great things there, but I don't see it with the money or going to the PAC.

I can see the NW people being p****d. GB's turn around of NW was really nothing short of a miracle. They were even in a worse purgatory than the Buffs--for like 3 decades. At least the Buffs won 10 games in 2016. I think like year 2 or 3, they might have beat Notre Dame. Charlton Heston and an bunch of rich alums all of a sudden joined the fold. I think that really cemented NW as a viable football program. Fitzgerald has done great things there, but I don't see it with the money or going to the PAC.

Barnett should be in the CFB HoF for what he did there. They were that ****ing bad when he got that job. The only turnaround that matches it is Darth Snyder at K-State.

Back