What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RR Ralphie Report: Coach Prime reiterates respect for Dylan Edwards ahead of K-State matchup

RSSBot

News Junkie
Head coach Deion Sanders Colorado Buffaloes take on the USC Trojans, after last weeks 42-6 loss in Oregon

Photo by RJ Sangosti/MediaNews Group/The Denver Post via Getty Images

It’s all love between Coach Prime and Colorado’s former running back

We’ve seen some ugly breakups thus far in Deion Sanders’ tenure as Colorado’s head coach. Plenty of players have left and taken shots at the program after their departure, but that’s not what happened with Dylan Edwards.

Edwards started at running back for the Buffs last year as a true freshman, totaling five touchdowns and a four-touchdown game against TCU to open the Coach Prime era. After quickly becoming a fan favorite for his blazing speed, Edwards made the decision to transfer to Kansas State ahead of the 2024 season.

While other transfers have taken cheap shots at Colorado’s program after leaving Boulder, Edwards’ exit was cordial and respectful. Edwards has shown nothing but respect and had only nice words for Colorado’s players and staff, which Prime expressed his gratitude for.

“I just hate when players make those decisions [to transfer] and they leave and they shoot back at us,” said Sanders in his weekly Tuesday presser. “If you’re going where you’re going, you don’t shoot back because you’re so focused on where you’re headed, you ain’t got time to turn around to shoot back. I thank [Edwards] for not being that guy.”

The 20-year-old showed maturity and did what he felt was the best for the future of his football career, which was no easy choice to make. Although he has been missed by many in Boulder, there’s still mutual respect between the two parties.

“I love the young man, I love him to life,” Sanders said. “Everyone who leaves here in the right manner, I want them to be successful... Dylan made a tremendous choice for he and his family, and I support that 100 percent.”

When Kansas State takes to Folsom Field this Saturday night, Edwards will get the opportunity to play in front of Colorado fans once again. While some will try to spin this week into a narrative of ‘Colorado vs. Dylan Edwards’, that couldn’t be further from the truth. Coach Prime was sure to let the world know that they’ve got their hands full with the 18th-best team in the country.

“We ain’t playing against Dylan Edwards, we’re playing against a darn good football team,” Prime said.

Coach Prime and Edwards go way back to when he coached his peewee team when he was only five or six years old. Despite the long history, things just didn’t work out in Boulder, and that’s perfectly fine. Sometimes things don’t go to plan and you need a change of scenery, which is exactly what happened with Edwards.

The relationship between Edwards and Prime remains a positive one. Sanders was sure to wish Edwards good luck going forward in his career, but he did admit that it’s a slightly different story this week now that the two are on opposite sidelines.

“We had some great moments, and [Edwards] is gonna have many more great moments so I’m proud of him,” said Sanders. “I just don’t want him to perform well against us, but I want him to perform well against every other team.”

by RylandScholes
Continue reading...

Back