What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RR Ralphie Report: Jimmy Horn Jr. breaks down his huge performance in Buffs’ Week 1 win

RSSBot

News Junkie
NCAA Football: North Dakota State at Colorado

Ron Chenoy-Imagn Images

Despite most of the national attention focusing on Travis Hunter’s huge game in the Buffs’ season opening win over North Dakota State – which, tbh, is kinda hard to blame them for – it was actually Jimmy Horn Jr who let the team in receiving yards that night.

Horn had one of – if not the – best games of his career against the Bison, going off for 198 yards on seven catches with a touchdown. It was the highest total yardage of his entire college career, both at CU or South Florida, and was his best performance since last year’s opener, when he caught 11 passes for 117 yards and a touchdown. After an up-and-down first season in Boulder last year, Horn once again showed how much potential the Buffs’ offense has outside of Hunter’s heroics.

While talking with local media after practice this week, Horn expanded a bit on his performance, and what it’ll take to find more consistency than he did last season.

“Outside of practice, just watch film,” he said. “That’s a big piece of the game, watching a lot of film. I watch film with my teammates, with my quarterback. And then do off the field work stuff, getting good work in, so I can keep stacking on top of that game. I ain’t satisfied.”

Horn’s performance came as no surprise to Nebraska coach Matt Rhule, who called him “a difference maker” this week, and mentioned on a few different occasions how dominant Horn is with the ball in his hand over the middle of the field. When asked about how Horn felt about Rhule’s comments, the senior mentioned that it was a testament to how deep the Buffs’ offense – and more specifically, their receiving room – can be when everyone’s playing well.

“I just gotta go out there and play,” he added. “Just go out there and do me. It’s a full rotation that goes on ... you never know who might take off the next game, so you’ve just got to be ready for when the moment sees itself.

“We push each other every day. Every day’s a competition. We’ve got a lot of receiver 1’s in our room, but we’re all out here with the same goal, and that’s to win.”

by camellis
Continue reading...

Horn was on fire in that game it was awesome to watch him catch those balls!everyone’s talking about Hunter but Horn showed he can shine too.198 yards and a touchdown that’s big!he’s right about putting in work off the field 'cause it ain’t gonna happen by itself

Christopher :cautious:

Back