What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RR Ralphie Report: Most Important Buffaloes: #4 LaJohntay Wester

RSSBot

News Junkie
COLLEGE FOOTBALL: NOV 18 Tulane at Florida Atlantic

Photo by Peter Joneleit/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

Wester is one of the best players in the country period.

Welcome to our official countdown until football season! There’s only a few weeks left until the Colorado Buffaloes kick off the 2024 campaign against the North Dakota State Bison at Folsom Field on August 29th, so we at Ralphie Report are going to celebrate the only way we know how: with some power rankings! Over the next 20 days, we’ll rank the 20 most important players for the Colorado Buffaloes ahead of the 2024 season.

Quick, can you name all of the teams in the Big 12? There’s 18. it took me a second. Now can you name the best player on each Big 12 team? I sure couldn’t without some preparation beforehand. Luckily, I did prepare. And let me tell you, Wester would be on that list if he wasn’t playing for the Buffs.

Lajohntay Wester is legitimately one of the 15 best receivers in college football. In the last two years, he has 170 receptions and 16 touchdowns. 170 receptions and 16 touchdowns. And 2700 yards also. That statline outperformed the 2021 and 2022 Colorado Buffaloes as a unit (I did not fact check this). He is a PROBLEM. Just watch him work:

Wester is a professional. He gets open early, he’s fast, he’s shifty and he’s great after the catch. Like, best in the conference great after the catch. LaJohntay Wester is one of the best weapons in the Big 12. On offense, he would be the #1 option if Travis Hunter wasn’t a thing. In special teams, he’s already getting All-American looks as a returner. He is special.

by Jack Barsch
Continue reading...

Back