What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RR Ralphie Report: Omarion Miller suffers season ending injury

RSSBot

News Junkie
Kansas State v Colorado

Photo by Andrew Wevers/Getty Images

Miller’s injury was as bad as it looked ...

Saturday night in the loss to Kansas State, Colorado receiver Omarion Miller suffered a lower leg injury that will sideline him the rest of the season. This could not have come at a worse time for Miller, as he was just beginning to establish himself as a real threat for the Buffaloes.

Last Saturday night Miller had 145 yards, and looked to be on pace for even more until a hip-drop tackle rolled up his leg and ended his season. These tackles are known to be dangerous, and were banned this year by in the NFL in an attempt to prevent the lower body injuries that can happen on these tackles. Will leagues ever prevent hip-drop tackles fully? Probably not, and it’s hard to say if they should be, but after Saturday night I'm sure we’ll know Miller’s position on the matter.

The Buffaloes will be okay moving forward considering Miller was the fifth string receiver, but you really feel for this kid. He’s only a sophomore this season so we may seem him back as a Buffalo next year, and if we do I guarantee he’ll be starting. If not, and Miller elects to enter the portal, I’m sure their will be plenty of suitors for him. Regardless of where he plays Miller still has a bright future ahead of him as a collegiate athlete.

by Jacob.Thompson
Continue reading...

Back