What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RR Ralphie Report: Postgame pandemonium at Folsom Field leaves Coach Prime conflicted

RSSBot

News Junkie
Baylor v Colorado

Photo by Andrew Wevers/Getty Images

Colorado came away with the overtime win after all kinds of chaos.

Many words could be used to describe this rainy Saturday night at Folsom Field, but normal wouldn’t be one of them. Down 24-31 with two seconds left, Shedeur Sanders found LaJohntay Wester for a 43-yard hail-mary to send the game to overtime.

LAJOHNTAY WESTER. TIE GAME. #GoBuffs pic.twitter.com/bJshvRrols

— Colorado Buffaloes (@CUBuffs) September 22, 2024

Colorado then made quick work of Baylor in the first drive of overtime, as Micah Welch punched it into the endzone to take a touchdown lead. Just when Baylor looked like they’d answer, Travis Hunter saved the day. With the ball at the literal one-inch line, Hunter smacked it loose with his shoulder pad to secure a Colorado win.

Travis Hunter is HIM. 7 receptions for 130 yards and this game-winning, walk-off forced fumble. pic.twitter.com/R5BbfFkNjI

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) September 22, 2024

What ensued could be only described as pure pandemonium. Fans poured onto the field as the refs reviewed the fumble call, as Folsom’s PA announcer pleaded with fans to leave the field of play. The refs would eventually uphold the call and Colorado fans lost their minds.

TRAVIS HUNTER DOES THE DAWG CELEBRATION FROM @KaiCenat pic.twitter.com/fvf4Hhl54n

— Jake Schwanitz (@JakeDNVR) September 22, 2024

There’s no denying that we witnessed something special at Folsom Field on Saturday, but the postgame antics from Colorado fans left head coach Deion Sanders sounding conflicted. Amidst the chaos, Baylor players had trouble leaving the field and Deion wasn’t able to exchange a handshake with Bears head coach Dave Aranda.

“I want to apologize to the opposition for the way we stormed the field,” said Prime postgame. “I didn’t get an opportunity to shake [Aranda’s] hand, but I did try to go over to their locker room and wait it out until he came out, but I don’t think they got the word to him.”

Despite being unable to speak with Aranda postgame, Deion couldn’t help but praise the incredible environment in Boulder. His actions to rebuild the program have reignited a flame within the fanbase and student body, and he knows it’s something special.

“I don’t like what transpired at the end of the game, but I love what transpired at the end of the game,” Deion said. “We have a fanbase that’s phenomenal. We have some young kids on this campus that love and breathe CU football, and I’m thankful.”

Admittedly, this game didn’t have to be as dramatic as it was. Colorado led Baylor in most statistical categories except for rushing yards and sacks, but sloppy special teams, untimely penalties, and poor pass protection gave Baylor a chance to win. We’re seeing glimpses of greatness from the Buffs, but they’ve yet to string together a complete game.

“I don’t like how it played out, but I love the results,” said Sanders. “I think we are so much better than what we are showing you at times. We keep showing you glimpses of the running game, glimpses of us playing hard-nosed, tough football defensively. We show you we can throw the ball all around, and then we just stall for a series of two and surrender something foolishly.”

Fortunately for Colorado, elite talent can sometimes bail out some of your mistakes. That’s exactly what happened on Saturday. Travis Hunter put the team on his back once again, taking over the game and handing the Buffaloes the victory.

Hunter finished the game as Colorado’s leading receiver with 130 yards off of seven catches, along with the game-winning forced fumble on the goal line in overtime. Hunter says he knew that Baylor was running the ball right at him because they doubt his abilities as a tackler, which is a decision Aranda probably wants back.

“I knew they were coming at me,” said Hunter. “They don’t think I can tackle, so I had to show them.”

Show them is exactly what Travis did, as the Buffaloes now move to 3-1 and are three wins away from their goal of bowl eligibility. Next weekend, the Buffaloes will head to Orlando with a matchup with the 3-0 UCF Knights. Kickoff at the Bounce House will occur at 1:30 pm MT and the game will be broadcast on Fox.

by RylandScholes
Continue reading...

Back