What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ralphie VI

4BienemyTDs

Club Member
Club Member
Little blurb recently about the University still looking for the new Ralphie. Seems like it is gonna be tight to have her ready to run at the Spring game in April? Any insights from those in the know?

I think there's going to be no Ralphie in the spring game this year but we will have one ready for Frenso State.

I think there's going to be no Ralphie in the spring game this year but we will have one ready for Frenso State.
It is feeling that way if they have not had an announcement and with the timeline it seems hard to get a young one to run correctly without a ton of training. I was thinking that I was at a Nebraska game where Ralphie did not run after being sprung from her pen, and she just froze up and did not move an inch because of the crowd???

It is feeling that way if they have not had an announcement and with the timeline it seems hard to get a young one to run correctly without a ton of training. I was thinking that I was at a ****braska game where Ralphie did not run after being sprung from her pen, and she just froze up and did not move an inch because of the crowd???
The smell emanating from those in red.

From what I've read (I'm not really following this that closely because I'm slammed with HS BB), making sure we have a Ralphie ready for the Fresno game's the far higher priority.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Golden Gate Park welcomes 5 new bison! We are doubling the size of the herd with five yearlings, just in time for SF Rec and Sesquicentennial Celebration. On April 4, Community Day, the bison will be introduced to the public. Join us for this special occasion. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GGP150?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#GGP150</a> <a href="https://t.co/OcF7qMTBst">pic.twitter.com/OcF7qMTBst</a></p>&mdash; SF Rec and Park (@RecParkSF) <a href="">March 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"For the past couple of months, the handlers have worked with a buffalo that was born last April."

"CU will not have a buffalo run at the spring football game next month. The hope is to have a buffalo ready for the next football season, but Stratton said, as always, the handlers will not push the animal too fast. CU’s home opener at Folsom Field is Sept. 12 against Fresno State."

Per Rick George:

Ralphie. We have identified a Ralphie VI and she has been in training at a pace the 14-month old buffalo is comfortable with. Taylor Stratton took over program manager duties on April 1, replacing John Graves, who had held the position since 2015 after serving first as a Ralphie Handler and then as the assistant manager. He worked with both Ralphie IV and V and invested over decade into the program. Stratton, a former Handler herself, had been the assistant manager for the previous four years.

d356ik5-e9f8501e-d224-4205-a3cc-14bc65460af9.jpg

Hooray! New Ralphie! I'm surprised I didn't see anything on social media about it from CU - I just saw the Denver Post story.

Back