What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rank how much you like the other Pac-12 coaches

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I'd go:

#1 Jerod Haase, Stanford -- he goes to the top after that moment at half court & his post-game comments
#2 Mark Fox, Cal -- I just love the way he's doing things. Reminds me of Tad a bit.
#3 Larry Krystkowiak, Utah -- pure basketball guy whose teams play good basketball (was really cool to me when I met him in the LV airport after a P12 tourney)
#4 Wayne Tinkle, Oregon State -- another pure basketball guy. I'm a fan of coaches who are authentic with no b.s. about them.
#5 Mick Cronin, UCLA -- another no-nonsense basketball guy who was a great addition to the conference.

#6 Kyle Smith, Washington State -- ambivalent about him. That puts him above the next tier.

#7 Mike Hopkins, Washington -- I never liked Boeheim and Hopkins is his clone
#8 Sean Miller, Arizona -- has usually been cool in his pre- and post-game comments when we play. I don't hate him like some fans seem to.
#9 Dana Altman, Oregon -- hell of a coach, but as slimy as they get. 0-fer Boulder is a beautiful thing.

#10 Bobby Hurley, Arizona State -- spoiled brat punk who coaches to the worst type of hoops: slapfest defense with constant flopping on bogus blocking fouls.
#11 Andy Enfield, USC -- I don't think I can articulate how much I have to hate someone for him to be below Hurley on my list. He may even be dirtier.

Last edited:
Pretty spot on @Buffnik. Hurley and Enfield are definitely last. Don’t know about Cronin or Kyle Smith yet, so let’s just say unranked for them.
7. Altman
6. Hopkins: like Nik said, never been a Boeheim guy.
5. Fox
4. Tinkle
3. Sean Miller: I love to rip on him, but I respect the hell out of him. He’s as good of a defensive coach as there is.
2. Haase definitely goes to the top after last week.
1. Krystkowiak. Probably higher than anyone else has him, but I think he does a tremendous job.

Pretty spot on @Buffnik. Hurley and Enfield are definitely last. Don’t know about Cronin or Kyle Smith yet, so let’s just say unranked for them.
7. Altman
6. Hopkins: like Nik said, never been a Boeheim guy.
5. Fox
4. Tinkle
3. Sean Miller: I love to rip on him, but I respect the hell out of him. He’s as good of a defensive coach as there is.
2. Haase definitely goes to the top after last week.
1. Krystkowiak. Probably higher than anyone else has him, but I think he does a tremendous job.
Very similar lists. I probably over-ranked Fox. I dropped Krystkowiak a bit because I haven't liked his defense and he's started to recruit shooters instead of athletes. They've lost that edge his teams had.

Back