What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Should we add Instagram accounts to our profiles?

Should we add Instagram accounts to recruit profiles?

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Seems like I'm seeing more and more of the recruits using Instagram as their main social media outlet.

Is the link to the recruit's Instagram something you guys would find valuable?

I don't use Instagram, so I also don't know if it gets into more personal stuff that wouldn't be appropriate for the profiles.

I'd be for it. I'm seeing more stuff that guys post to their Instagram that they don't on twitter. Nothing personal really, just pics from their visits.

I don't particularly care what recruits post to instagram, but I'm all for putting a link to it as I never find more information a bad thing.

I’m for it. Instagram seems to be winning the social media battle lately, especially with their new video addition this week.

It would be nice, but I'm not sure how often people would use it. Seems like the extra work for the admin might not be worth the trade off for the added benefit. Just my thoughts.

It would be nice, but I'm not sure how often people would use it. Seems like the extra work for the admin might not be worth the trade off for the added benefit. Just my thoughts.
This is wrong-thinking. I say make them earn the hookers and blow!

IMO twitter is still king for the majority of relevant recruiting info. IG addition wouldn’t hurt but isn’t necessary.

Last edited:
Rae just posted a IG video from Folsom. I don't think those can be linked though, otherwise I would post it here.

I look at it from the recruit's pov. My perception is that teenagers like the exposure and having more people be able to look at and see their feeds (this could be entirely wrong).

But in addition to the usual "teenager" motivations, the recruits are also trying to build their profiles. The more they get linked, the more fans, coaches, etc will be exposed to them, which in the end (as long they don't post something dumb) only serves their interests.

So yes, we should put the links in - my guess is the recruits would want us to.

What’s the downside?
Other than it being a small pita to search for them, not much of one. I mostly didn't know how relevant the Instagram feeds are. Sounds like they are relevant and becoming more so.

Yes, evolve with the times. I’ve never understood twitter anyways, it’s the most unappealing social media platform.

Other than it being a small pita to search for them, not much of one. I mostly didn't know how relevant the Instagram feeds are. Sounds like they are relevant and becoming more so.
There is research to back this up. 18-24 year olds: 78% on Snapchat, 71% Instagram, 45% Twitter. A survey of football-specific might be more valid, though, as Twitter is an historical medium for football and maybe is just as widely used by the relevant group.

coaches for my son's age group (2021) have always asked for ig account info, never twitter - as one data point.

Statistically speaking most tweens and teens are no longer using Twitter. Instagram and Snatchchat are far and away the two most popular social media tools. So its either do it now, or do it later.

Edit: Snap...snap I mean.

Both would probably help-teens are more into instagram now, but coaches still rely most on twitter IMO.

What everyone said is true. I just graduated and was an RA. All the freshman heavily used Instagram. I would say about 1/4 of them had Twitter accounts, while they all had Insta.

CU should look into using Instagram as a more prominent recruiting tool. Chev's Insta for example is a private account, I think he should make it more public and use it for recruiting.

Back