What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Soccer hosts UC-Riverside (Sunday, 1:00)

UC-Riverside is 1-1-1 this season with a win at home v Southern Utah (1-0) and a loss at home to Idaho (0-1). They were down 0-2 at DU early in the match. Hard to tell how good or not they are.

It will be interesting to see how Riverside plays CU. Will they do what CSU and CC did which is to put numbers in the box and make it extremely hard to for the Buffs to get shots off? Or will they push forward at times opening the game up?

It will be brutally hot again - bring the sun screen.

They have definitely blown the "lid off the goal" today.

Per Live Stats, freshman Marty Puketapu with her 1st THREE goals as a Buff for the hat trick in the 1st half!

It could have been 7-0 at the half and 10-nil for the game. Lots of subs got lots of time.

More later.

Glad to see the offense put it together today.
UCR had no clue about defending the Buffs. Unlike CSU and CC, the Highlanders didn't put all their players behind the ball thus the Buffs had space to get behind the last defenders.

Puketapu is going to score a lot of goals for the Buffs over her career. She has pretty close to scoring five today in the first half and another in the second.

The defense hasn't been too bad this season thus far - 391 minutes without conceding a goal. Assuming my calculations are correct. Freshman Hannah Cardenas has to be one of the top defenders in the conference thus far.

I was running some calculations tonight and correct me if I'm wrong, but my figures suggest that if the Buffs don't give up a goal this season the team will end up having a very solid year.

(Believe they started off in the preseason ranking at the same #16, but had fallen to #20 after the prior opening weekend of play.)

Back