What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stenstrom Out

I'm shocked. I thought he would win the starting job and turn out to be really successful.
Anyone know where he's going? Please don't say Michigan State.

Think you’d wait to see who the new coach is. Let’s hope this is bc he’s seen Lewis on campus and knows he has no shot!

Hope this doesn't mean it's Calhoun
I have a feeling this means he realizes he's is likely behind Lytle, who is older, as well as Lewis, who is younger, and has been in contact with McCaffrey at UNC and probably wants to play immediately (and will likely start).

The QB situation is a head scratcher, and that’s being kind. From Macintyre to Tucker, a few things have stood out.

1. The steadfast loyalty to Montez monopolizing all snaps for 3 years, even in garbage time. He had four years, did they think an extra series or three at Wazzu would move the needle?
2. As a result, we’ve not the backups to see if any of them were gamers. And certainly, meaningful playing time to develop an alternative for when, shockingly, Montez graduated.
3. I have to imagine a few QB recruits would shy away from CU knowing that Montez could lose 20 games without repercussion.
4. No recruitment of a transfer portal or grad transfer quarterback to get acclimated to spring ball 2020 in anticipation of backing up unknowns in Lytle, Stenstrom and Lewis, let alone planning for normal QB attrition/injuries
5. Now if Lewis doesn’t hit, we are screwed for 2020 AND 2021.

It’s Befuddling. Why not shuffle through quarterbacks until you find the next Todd Reesing and Chase Daniel? The college game is driven by the quarterback.

The QB situation is a head scratcher, and that’s being kind. From Macintyre to Tucker, a few things have stood out.

1. The steadfast loyalty to Montez monopolizing all snaps for 3 years, even in garbage time. He had four years, did they think an extra series or three at Wazzu would move the needle?
2. As a result, we’ve not the backups to see if any of them were gamers. And certainly, meaningful playing time to develop an alternative for when, shockingly, Montez graduated.
3. I have to imagine a few QB recruits would shy away from CU knowing that Montez could lose 20 games without repercussion.
4. No recruitment of a transfer portal or grad transfer quarterback to get acclimated to spring ball 2020 in anticipation of backing up unknowns in Lytle, Stenstrom and Lewis, let alone planning for normal QB attrition/injuries
5. Now if Lewis doesn’t hit, we are screwed for 2020 AND 2021.

It’s Befuddling. Why not shuffle through quarterbacks until you find the next Todd Reesing and Chase Daniel? The college game is driven by the quarterback.

There will always be QBs in the Transfer Portal and some of them will worth going after. It's changed things a little bit - at least in the sense that it's a retail venue that's readily available.

Depending on our new coach/system I would think colorado would be an intriguing option for a transfer qb. Only have to beat out a true freshmen, A lot of wr talent and playing in a conference with poor defensive play.

Depending on our new coach/system I would think colorado would be an intriguing option for a transfer qb. Only have to beat out a true freshmen, A lot of wr talent and playing in a conference with poor defensive play.

Just because Mel eff'd us over, doesn't mean his evaluations of player were bad. I'm not convinced there's a immediate solution grad transfer QB out there. Hopefully the new coach can click with Lewis/Lytle & recruit

Jarren Williams from Miami is intriguing to me. Jack Allison from WV wouldn’t be awful. Sterling Cole from ASU is the only other one I can think of.

I wonder if our new coach could get him to change his mind. I’d think his decision is revocable until classes are over.

Austin Burton from UCLA hit the portal today. Not saying he’s the answer but he’s a two year eligible grad transfer.

Back