What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Supa Dupa Tuba Cheer

Rumor is that since Half Fast Subs stopped sponsoring it, they stopped it

Why does everything have to be sponsored? Is every other time out or half time entertainment sponsored? I don't get to see it since I live in Iowa and watch on television.

I can't believe you guys do the hokie pokie...I did not know this. Yes, that's lame. Another lame one I can think of is Utah State used to sing I'm a Little Teapot under the leadership of some superfan. I thought that was the lamest thing I had ever seen. I don't think they do it anymore though.

But as lame as all of these things are, like others said, it's tradition. Duke surfs the devil, and it's really not that great, especially if you're regular game attendee and have seen it dozens of times, or even just twice. It's fun - it's college sports; lame **** is acceptable.

Even if they only have 2 tuba players this year, they need to figure something out to keep it going.
It's lame, no doubt. I have scars from being taunted by visiting fans over the H-P, but if you're a VT alum, you embrace the cheese and roll with it.

I actually have one worse than the Hokie-Pokie... The Anaheim Angels jam "Fill Me up, Buttercup" during the 7rh inning stretch.

If student sections all over the country can do baby shark then nothing is to silly.

Honestly doesn't matter. Question is do people have fun doing it, does it release some energy, is it some silliness that can be shared without doing any harm?

Again if someone doesn't like it nobody makes them participate. I've been to plenty of sporting events that had activities that bored me (usually promoting some sponsor in a lame way,) as well as individual songs played in breaks that I would have been fine not hearing.

It's a couple of minutes in a couple hours of entertainment. NBD.

If student sections all over the country can do baby shark then nothing is to silly.

Honestly doesn't matter. Question is do people have fun doing it, does it release some energy, is it some silliness that can be shared without doing any harm?

Again if someone doesn't like it nobody makes them participate. I've been to plenty of sporting events that had activities that bored me (usually promoting some sponsor in a lame way,) as well as individual songs played in breaks that I would have been fine not hearing.

It's a couple of minutes in a couple hours of entertainment. NBD.
Hold on, which schools are doing Baby Shark? This needs to become a taunting point.

After rumblin heard through the grapevine that SDTC was cut due to sponsorship, I contacted the athletic department. I was told it was cut in an attempt to refresh the game day experience. So I went the petition route. Sign if you think it's silly to cut a tradition to try to make game day hipper or whatever: http://chng.it/VCdwjvdD

After rumblin heard through the grapevine that SDTC was cut due to sponsorship, I contacted the athletic department. I was told it was cut in an attempt to refresh the game day experience. So I went the petition route. Sign if you think it's silly to cut a tradition to try to make game day hipper or whatever: http://chng.it/VCdwjvdD

Thank you.

The supa dupa tuba cheer hasn't been good for several years. They haven't had any tuba players put an all out effort in to make us think they just might crash and burn. If you don't tuba recruit well you're not going to get a good tuba spin.
So we need a new recruiting coordinator and some 4* tuba players?

Maybe get a couple of cute flute players to host them on official visits?

The supa dupa tuba cheer hasn't been good for several years. They haven't had any tuba players put an all out effort in to make us think they just might crash and burn. If you don't tuba recruit well you're not going to get a good tuba spin.

I haven't been to too many home MBB games since I graduated, but I do remember the best part of SDTC during my student years being the grand finale with a female tuba player who did a split while playing and being surrounded by the spinners...not sure if they always had someone with that talent...

Signed and tweeted.

I haven't been to too many home MBB games since I graduated, but I do remember the best part of SDTC during my student years being the grand finale with a female tuba player who did a split while playing and being surrounded by the spinners...not sure if they always had someone with that talent...
I think that was Jennifer, a truly once-in-a-generation playing-tuba-while-doing-the-splits talent. But every class has its own unique skillset.

I'm surprised they are standing firm. Of course, the administration must always be right.

Jennifer was so much fun to watch. It was easy to see she really enjoyed what she was doing. Sometimes talked to her on the way to the car after the games.

Back