What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thank You Chip

Chip has always done well at Nationals. There is more than one Chip student who appears in costume at the various events throughout the year (too many for one student to attend), but there is only one kid who does the Nationals and premier events. The guy can dance, do acrobatics, and has a presence. They take these things seriously in D1 College Mascot World. Herbie Husker doesn't even try, because that mascot is really lame.

Chip has always done well at Nationals. There is more than one Chip student who appears in costume at the various events throughout the year (too many for one student to attend), but there is only one kid who does the Nationals and premier events. The guy can dance, do acrobatics, and has a presence. They take these things seriously in D1 College Mascot World. Herbie ****er doesn't even try, because that mascot is really lame.

yup, i had a student in a class at CU who was "one of the Chip's" about a decade ago when i was working at CU. they have paperwork and academic progress monitoring through the Herbst Center like any of the athletes. good guy, the student. he told me it was a blast dressing up, performing for/interacting with kids at games and other events.....but also that he would do a "few shots" first...which he probably shouldn't have told me. i laughed. ha.

congrats to the current Chip group, right on.

Last edited:
Chip has always done well at Nationals. There is more than one Chip student who appears in costume at the various events throughout the year (too many for one student to attend), but there is only one kid who does the Nationals and premier events. The guy can dance, do acrobatics, and has a presence. They take these things seriously in D1 College Mascot World. Herbie Husker doesn't even try, because that mascot is really lame.
Chip is always viewed as a team effort by those who participate. There is a routine that they design for nationals and then they determine which of the Chips would perform best in that routine. The award belongs to all of them, not just the one wearing Chip in that moment. It's truly a team effort and a team mentality.

Chip is always viewed as a team effort by those who participate. There is a routine that they design for nationals and then they determine which of the Chips would perform best in that routine. The award belongs to all of them, not just the one wearing Chip in that moment. It's truly a team effort and a team mentality.

homer simpson laughing GIF

Back