What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Top 5 Buff QBs

Always BUFF

I post stupid ****
As I remember them @ Folsom
1) Darian Hagan: So unpredictable
2) Koy Detmer: Dropped the dime
3) Kordell Stewart: Legs & arm
4) John Hessler: Home grown
5) Mike Moschetti: Just fun to watch

This depends on how you define a top QB. Is it ability or accomplishment, maybe both? Kordell was the most talented I've seen, had the size, speed, and a cannon. He didn't win the chip though.

Crazy how bad these lists are. There have only been three good CU Quarterbacks:

1. Hagan
2. Aunesse
3. Detmer

(Honestly Charles Johnson would be number 4 really)

I love the rest of these guys but they are all kinda meh

Crazy how bad these lists are. There have only been three good CU Quarterbacks:

1. Hagan
2. Aunesse
3. Detmer

(Honestly Charles Johnson would be number 4 really)

I love the rest of these guys but they are all kinda meh
You don’t even rank Stewart as good?

For my list I was going back remembering certain games.
John stepped in against A&M W
Darian's ladder pitch in 89 W
Kordell & Mich. W
Moschetti vs Oregon W
Koy in the 96 Holiday Bowl W

You don’t even rank Stewart as good?

Totally forgot him and yes, he should be on the list. The larger point is that this thread illuminates the fact that there aren't too many great CU quarterbacks.

It is a shorter list than Famous Jewish Sports Figures or Italian War Heroes.

Loved Sefo's heart but he doesn't belong anywhere close to a top 5. Gotta respect him, dude busted his ass out there. Talent wise, he doesn't match up with some mentioned. Was glad to watch him play regardless, type of teammate you want to have.

Loved Sefo's heart but he doesn't belong anywhere close to a top 5. Gotta respect him, dude busted his ass out there. Talent wise, he doesn't match up with some mentioned. Was glad to watch him play regardless, type of teammate you want to have.

I picked him because of his heart, he stuck with it and ended with a great season. Agree with @SBP, except for dual-threat, CU really does not have many talented QB's. Talent wise, Vogel, Detmer and Hatcher were better than Sefo. IMO, Detmer was better than Klatt, but Klatt mostly got it done on game-day and was not injured.

I picked him because of his heart, he stuck with it and ended with a great season. Agree with @SBP, except for dual-threat, CU really does not have many talented QB's. Talent wise, Vogel, Detmer and Hatcher were better than Sefo. IMO, Detmer was better than Klatt, but Klatt mostly got it done on game-day and was not injured.
Yeah, until Texas beat the living **** out of him in the Big 12 title game. Klatt was a solid player, not much else, except how he runs his mouth.

Back