What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Unequal revenue sharing will remain

RSSBot

News Junkie
KANSAS CITY--Though it's not an issue that will ultimately push schools to leave, Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe slammed the door shut on any chance of the Big 12 restructuring it's conference revenue structure in order to keep schools like Nebraska and Missouri from leaving.

"Revenue distribution's been very well vetted within the conference and the board has determined that our method of distribution, which was appropriate when the conference was formed, based upon what was needed to form the conference, is one that will continue," Beebe said. "One athletics director that's been on the side of wanting more equal distribution said, 'It's not necessarily discriminatory. I've come around to a different view. If my program is elevated, which it has been recently, and I get more appearances, I get more money."

Beebe declined to name said athletic director, but that certainly sounds like words that could come from Missouri athletic director Mike Alden. Beebe added that there are people within the conference that would perhaps prefer a different method, but said "I don't know that if you threw all these schools together and they had the option, that it would be done any differently."

Big 12 schools share half of their television revenue equally between the 12 programs within the conference. Schools that play in more televised men's basketball and football games receiving a greater share of the other half.

The last year revenue data was made public was 2007, and here's who earned how much, according to the Omaha World-Herald:

1. Texas: $10.2 million

2. Oklahoma: $9.8 million

3. Kansas: $9.24 million

4. Texas A&M: $9.22 million

5. Nebraska: $9.1 million

6. Missouri: $8.4 million

7. Texas Tech: $8.23 million

8. Kansas State: $8.21 million

9. Oklahoma State: $8.1 million

10. Colorado: $8.0 million

11. Iowa State: $7.4 million

12. Baylor: $7.1 million

Big Ten teams received a reported $22 million over the last fiscal year, up from $14 million in the 2006-07 fiscal year, in part because of the success of the Big Ten Network, which launched in August 2007.

According to a report in the Lincoln Journal Star, the network generated $204 million in revenue in 2009.

More...

Dan bebbe is fighting quite hard to keep things the same, i really dont think that will serve him well unless there is some super TV deal in his pipeline.

Back