What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Uniform Prediction Thread - 2023 Game 11 - Washington State (Away)

They aren’t going to play on ABC and FOX every week and they won’t get relegated to ESPN+ very often.

Going to be at least 3-4 of these going forward, IMO

I know you've been talking about ESPN's late night content but for the first 2 months of the season Arizona and ASU are in the Pacific time zone. Plus there will now be 2 ACC teams on the west coast. Not to mention Oregon State and WSU, they could end up as ESPN content too. And CU will only play 1 of those 6 teams on the road each year (if that) since we won't be playing both of the Arizona schools every year.

So CU's chances of ending up in the 10:30 timeslot will be less than what we encountered this year. Maybe once or twice per season for us going forward is my guess.

So sick of schools wearing colors that aren't theirs. You're crimson and silver. That's not a bad combo, run with it.

I know you've been talking about ESPN's late night content but for the first 2 months of the season Arizona and ASU are in the Pacific time zone. Plus there will now be 2 ACC teams on the west coast. Not to mention Oregon State and WSU, they could end up as ESPN content too. And CU will only play 1 of those 6 teams on the road each year (if that) since we won't be playing both of the Arizona schools every year.

So CU's chances of ending up in the 10:30 timeslot will be less than what we encountered this year. Maybe once or twice per season for us going forward is my guess.
CU has played two 10:30 ET games in Boulder this year so Pacific Time doesn’t really matter. It’s a valuable time slot for ESPN with matchups that are basically comprised of all the new Big 12 teams.

Since CU no longer had any marquee matchups on the schedule, they’re going to want plenty of CU.

BTW, I would say overall, the uniforms have been pretty blah this season.
The grey unis suck and the "gold" pants are horrible. I like the stormtrooper look at the TCU game and the black, white, black at ASU. Really wanted to see all black at home with the gold facemasks.

The grey unis suck and the "gold" pants are horrible. I like the stormtrooper look at the TCU game and the black, white, black at ASU. Really wanted to see all black at home with the gold facemasks.
I am shocked that the all blacks were never worn. If you're a team with black as a primary color, it's a no brainer to use at least once, especially when you can trick out the facemasks and numbers like you said.

All black unis with the chrome gold numbers, facemask and Buff logo on the helmet would have been so nice

It is likely that next season we see more significant changes to the uniforms. It was a weird year of new and old.

Recruits eat that **** up though.

Hopefully we get the Jordan logo.
I actually think there's a chance it could be the Prime logo. I think there would still need to be the Nike Swoosh alongside it since the Prime logo isn't synonymous with Nike like the Jordan logo is, but I wouldn't be surprised if Prime is working with Nike to develop something like it.

I actually think there's a chance it could be the Prime logo. I think there would still need to be the Nike Swoosh alongside it since the Prime logo isn't synonymous with Nike like the Jordan logo is, but I wouldn't be surprised if Prime is working with Nike to develop something like it.

Definitely a P21ME stylized logo or something new … maybe a Diamond Turf nod or a silhouette type logo ala Jumpman or Swingman?

I was hoping for a fresh uniform reboot, but given the timeframe of the switch to Nike to the beginning of the season, it was probably tough for a complete overhaul.

Back