What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Way Too Early 2020-2021 Look... Who Will Return?

DU can't seem to get into a jazzy enough conference to draw much local interest, or attract a high profile coach. This might have been talked about here before, but has DU ever tried to get into the WCC? Does the WCC ever want to add a team, and at that, a team not in a west coast state? Do you have to be a religious-affiliated school ? Do you have any insight into this stuff Torerobuff? Thanks in advance if you do.
It's not about conference as much as it's about there not being the depth of talent on the I-25 corridor to set them up against their competition. They'd be a pretty good fit with the WCC, though. If the conference ever decides to expand, I'd expect Seattle to get the first call. DU would be a nice pairing with them.

It's not about conference as much as it's about there not being the depth of talent on the I-25 corridor to set them up against their competition. They'd be a pretty good fit with the WCC, though. If the conference ever decides to expand, I'd expect Seattle to get the first call. DU would be a nice pairing with them.

Thx Nik....

DU can't seem to get into a jazzy enough conference to draw much local interest, or attract a high profile coach. This might have been talked about here before, but has DU ever tried to get into the WCC? Does the WCC ever want to add a team, and at that, a team not in a west coast state? Do you have to be a religious-affiliated school ? Do you have any insight into this stuff Torerobuff? Thanks in advance if you do.
I’ve been banging that drum for years. It’s a great fit... for basketball. There were rumblings at one point that DU and Seattle might be WCC bound, Seattle is a former member, but I don’t know if there was fire to that smoke. There is no rule about being religiously affiliated that I’m aware of. I thought Pacific wasn’t religious, but I just googled and it is a Methodist school. I think the biggest problems is all the other sports don’t match up. The WCC’s big sports after hoops are baseball and volleyball. DU doesn’t have a baseball team. DU’s big other sports are hockey(irrelevant to this conversation, hockey is its own thing for conference affiliation) lacrosse and gymnastics. The WCC doesn’t sponsor lacrosse or gymnastics. It will be interesting to see what the WCC does if/when BYU leaves. They’d probably just add Seattle by itself.

The WCC would like to have a presence in Denver (Not unlike the PAC wanting CU to establish their brand as the western US power) I just don't see DU being able to compete in that conference.

As you mention there just isn't enough talent here. The top talent in the state isn't going to DU, the next level down is going to take the MWC over the WCC even though the WCC is a better basketball conference. At this point DU probably falls behind not only CU, CSU, AFA, Wyo, on the front range but also UNC. For Colorado recruits some of the D2 schools may be more appealing.

Out of state the DU name means nothing to basketball players. If they go recruiting in WCC territory against those teams they have very little chance.

Rodney is a good man, coach, and recruiter but he just doesn't have enough to work with. The only way they have a chance is if the university puts a whole bunch of money into the budget and even if they were to succeed they would not get a payback on it.

You should never judge a game based off how a team looks vs Wyoming. No one ever looks good against them. Even when they are lousy they have a way making the game look terrible.

Last edited:
Not sure where to put this but Denver is 5-15 and last in conference. I wonder if Rodney B makes it
I will be shocked if he survives. He exercised incredibly poor judgement with respect to the Pulling of scholarships in 2018. It will cost the University a ton of money. Booster cash and legal fees
Once the legal matters are addressed. He’s long gone

I will be shocked if he survives. He exercised incredibly poor judgement with respect to the Pulling of scholarships in 2018. It will cost the University a ton of money. Booster cash and legal fees
Once the legal matters are addressed. He’s long gone

Do you have anything to back up this accusation? I'm admittedly a casual DU basketball follower (are there die hard DU basketball followers?), but I have heard nothing about this. Athletic scholarships are pretty much always year to year. This post sounds like sour grapes.

Also... Booster Cash, for basketball, at DU. LOLOLOLOLOL

Back